• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Friends

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:26 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 135 Total Views

I love my Cm friends!  We always care about each other and let each other vent but still always ASK how each other is doing.

I have a friend that ONLY talks about herself to me and never asks how I am.  I think that is selfish.

Do you have any friends that only talk about themselves?

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LaniBee
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

You guys are my only friends!  LOL

I do have a few friends, but thankfully they aren't selfish! 

offrdngal
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this
My sister is like that and if she actually gives you air time, she will try to "one up" you.

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol for awhile you guys were my only friends too.  I reconnected with this friend recently and it's ALL about her every conversation.  She's going through a rough time and I get that but geesh.
Glad you have some nice, caring friends. 

Quoting LaniBee:

You guys are my only friends!  LOL

I do have a few friends, but thankfully they aren't selfish! 

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Isn't it funny how different we can be from our sisters?  Most times you grow up in the same household with the same parents.  Crazy!

Quoting offrdngal: My sister is like that and if she actually gives you air time, she will try to "one up" you.

JenniferW67
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I really only have one friend that doesn't do that. : ( My sister and I have talked about that and it's seem so common these says. It makes me really sad for our world.

JenniferW67
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this

The funny thing is, I think we would all be a lot happier if we took the focus off ourselves and put it on others, but we're too selfish to do that. lol It's ironic.

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:40 PM

I didn't realize it was so common.  I don't really speak to people on the phone often at all and none of my friends live around here.
It is pretty sad. 

Quoting JenniferW67:

I really only have one friend that doesn't do that. : ( My sister and I have talked about that and it's seem so common these says. It makes me really sad for our world.

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:16 PM

Yes, that's probably true.  The world has gotten selfish.  I'll probably become a hermit when I'm old, lol.

Quoting JenniferW67:

The funny thing is, I think we would all be a lot happier if we took the focus off ourselves and put it on others, but we're too selfish to do that. lol It's ironic.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)