Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My nails are horrible

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:19 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 212 Total Views

Ever since my vacation in November my nails have been chipping.  Think it's because I haven't completely gotten back on that diet?

I've never had great nails but they weren't too bad before vacation.  I wonder what's missing from my diet.  Dh has been bringing me vitamins the last few weeks.  Yes, he brings them to me to make sure I actually take them because I am bad about pills of any kind in general. 

by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LaniBee
by on Jan. 15, 2015 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Hmmm, not sure what nutrients are good for nails. Maybe protein? Mine are fairly decent, though, and I know that I lack in the protein department, so maybe not!  lol

I rub Vitamin E oil on them at night. I do it to soften the cuticles, but maybe that helps in some other way.

vetNmommy
by on Jan. 15, 2015 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you been eating enough protien?  Myabe your protien is low?  

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jan. 15, 2015 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, I think it might be protein...hmm...maybe even calcium?  I'll do some googling, lol.

Oh that's nice.  I tried to find Vitamin E oil for my face and don't like the one my commissary carries.  It's sticky and not like the oil I got before.  It's more of a concentrated formula I think the bottle claims.  Maybe that's why it gets sticky.  I don't like it though. 

Quoting LaniBee:

Hmmm, not sure what nutrients are good for nails. Maybe protein? Mine are fairly decent, though, and I know that I lack in the protein department, so maybe not!  lol

I rub Vitamin E oil on them at night. I do it to soften the cuticles, but maybe that helps in some other way.

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jan. 15, 2015 at 9:22 PM

I am not sure but thinking about it I guess not.  I might eat a chunk of meat once a day these days and 2 slices of turkey bacon in the morning sometimes.  I guess that's not enough, lol.

Quoting vetNmommy:

Have you been eating enough protien?  Myabe your protien is low?  

LaniBee
by on Jan. 16, 2015 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Have you tried the capsules and breaking them open? It's been a while since I've used Vitamin E like that for my face. I might try that again for around my eyes. Thanks for reminding me! lol

I do take a calcium supplemtent every day because I don't eat any naturally (you know I don't like the cheese and all)! Oh, I do get a little bit in the yogurt for my smoothie. That's about the only dairy I eat a couple times a week.

I hate it when I buy something then I don't like it or it's not what I expected. Or worse - a million people review it and tell you it's awesome and you're expecting something and it's totally not even close to being that way! 

Quoting taKENheart:

Yeah, I think it might be protein...hmm...maybe even calcium?  I'll do some googling, lol.Oh that's nice.  I tried to find Vitamin E oil for my face and don't like the one my commissary carries.  It's sticky and not like the oil I got before.  It's more of a concentrated formula I think the bottle claims.  Maybe that's why it gets sticky.  I don't like it though. 

Quoting LaniBee:

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jan. 16, 2015 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

No, I haven't tried those and my store doesn't carry anything but that sticky mess, lol.  You are welcome ;)

Maybe I should take calcium supplements too.  I eat cheese but not enough to benefit from it, lol.  I almost never eat dark leafy greens.

I know, right!?!?  I just bought a serum and it didn't turn out to be as good as I was hoping for.  Dh always tells me to read the reviews and I'm like WHY? They are rarely accurate for my experiences. 

Quoting LaniBee:

Have you tried the capsules and breaking them open? It's been a while since I've used Vitamin E like that for my face. I might try that again for around my eyes. Thanks for reminding me! lol

I do take a calcium supplemtent every day because I don't eat any naturally (you know I don't like the cheese and all)! Oh, I do get a little bit in the yogurt for my smoothie. That's about the only dairy I eat a couple times a week.

I hate it when I buy something then I don't like it or it's not what I expected. Or worse - a million people review it and tell you it's awesome and you're expecting something and it's totally not even close to being that way! 

Quoting taKENheart:
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)