Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2/18 is...

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:49 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 217 Total Views
NATIONAL CRAB STUFFED FLOUNDER DAY

Each year on February 18th, seafood lovers rejoice as they celebrate National Crab Stuffed Flounder Day.

Enjoy the following “tried and true” recipe:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/crab-stuffed-flounder/

If I had read this earlier, I would be making this to celebrate! Lol mmmm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And also....

NATIONAL BATTERY DAY

Get a charge out of National Battery Day!  Celebrated each year on February 18th, this day recognizes and acknowledges a great invention that would be hard to live without.   Batteries are used in many things in our everyday lives.

** IN 1748 BENJAMIN FRANKLIN FIRST COINED THE TERM “BATTERY” TO DESCRIBE AN ARRAY OF CHARGED GLASS PLATES.**

Batteries come in all different shapes, sizes and power capacities. There are tiny watch or hearing aid batteries to large car batteries.

Take a minute to think about how many household items, appliances, electronics, games and etc. that you use each day that require batteries.  This list might have on it everything from computers, cell phones and cameras to children’s toys to hearing aids and medical devices to smoke alarms and flashlights, as well as cars, motorcycles and boats.   This list could go on and on for a few pages.  With this being said, we all know that we need batteries!

Helpful Hint: Remember to store your batteries in a cool, dry location in their original package, until you are ready to use them.

THE FIRST BATTERY: It is said that Alessandro Volta invented the voltaic pile in 1800 thereby producing the first practical method of gererating electricity. “The voltaic pile was made by alternating plates of zinc and copper that had pieces of cardboard soaked in brine between them. The metallic conducting arc was used to carry the electricity over a greater distance. Alessandro Volta’s voltaic pile was the modern world’s first “wet cell battery”.  This first “battery” produced a reliable, steady current of electricity.”

To celebrate National Battery Day, it is a good idea to check all of your smoke alarm batteries!

Happy National Battery Day To You!

by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:35 AM

Haha I was like what does electricity have to do with batter.  I was stuck on food thinking, hehe.

You know I love crab but it ruin it for me if I stuffed it into flounder.  Would you really have this today if you knew?  
I can't remember but I'm thinking flounder is fishy, lol. 

jamielynnef2
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Hahahaha no no lol battery not batter hahahahaha i tried to separate it but didnt do a good job from my phone. .

Ok, i wouldn't use flounder but I'd stuff a fish with crab hahaha

Quoting taKENheart:

Haha I was like what does electricity have to do with batter.  I was stuck on food thinking, hehe.You know I love crab but it ruin it for me if I stuffed it into flounder.  Would you really have this today if you knew?  I can't remember but I'm thinking flounder is fishy, lol. 

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:57 AM

Oh no, you did a good job at separating them.  My brain was just focused on food, lol.  I can still smell Ken's breakfast and getting kind of hungry, hehe.

Lol, I wonder what other fish could work.  Can you stuff salmon...I wonder. 

Quoting jamielynnef2: Hahahaha no no lol battery not batter hahahahaha i tried to separate it but didnt do a good job from my phone. . Ok, i wouldn't use flounder but I'd stuff a fish with crab hahaha
Quoting taKENheart:

Haha I was like what does electricity have to do with batter.  I was stuck on food thinking, hehe.You know I love crab but it ruin it for me if I stuffed it into flounder.  Would you really have this today if you knew?  I can't remember but I'm thinking flounder is fishy, lol. 

jamielynnef2
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol FOOD is good lol

Ok so maybe id just stuff some shrimp with crab lol...the crab part is what has me drooling haha

Quoting taKENheart:

Oh no, you did a good job at separating them.  My brain was just focused on food, lol.  I can still smell Ken's breakfast and getting kind of hungry, hehe.Lol, I wonder what other fish could work.  Can you stuff salmon...I wonder. 

Quoting jamielynnef2: Hahahaha no no lol battery not batter hahahahaha i tried to separate it but didnt do a good job from my phone. .

Ok, i wouldn't use flounder but I'd stuff a fish with crab hahaha

Quoting taKENheart:

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Feb. 18, 2015 at 12:31 PM

I'm out of breakfast meat so boooo!
Oooh I know!  I love crab.  What about crab cake stuffed mushrooms.  I better go get me something to eat before I drool all over my computer, lol. 

Quoting jamielynnef2: Lol FOOD is good lol Ok so maybe id just stuff some shrimp with crab lol...the crab part is what has me drooling haha
Quoting taKENheart:
jamielynnef2
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't like mushrooms hahaha but crabcakes themselves are amazing! Lol

Quoting taKENheart:

I'm out of breakfast meat so boooo!Oooh I know!  I love crab.  What about crab cake stuffed mushrooms.  I better go get me something to eat before I drool all over my computer, lol. 

Quoting jamielynnef2: Lol FOOD is good lol

Ok so maybe id just stuff some shrimp with crab lol...the crab part is what has me drooling haha

Quoting taKENheart:
LaniBee
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Crab Stuffed Chicken Breasts!  LOL!!

I love crab stuffed mushrooms. I'm not a big lover of most fish, but if it's flaky and tasteless, I'd give it a go!  

jamielynnef2
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:11 PM
2 moms liked this
You're genius! Lol land and sea hehehe i could definitely go for some crab stuffed chicken breast! Haven't had that since i lived back east!

Quoting LaniBee:

I love crab stuffed mushrooms. I'm not a big lover of most fish, but if it's flaky and tasteless, I'd give it a go!  

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this

sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting LaniBee:

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Bird ladies unite!  Lol You guys crack me up.

Quoting jamielynnef2: You're genius! Lol land and sea hehehe i could definitely go for some crab stuffed chicken breast! Haven't had that since i lived back east!
Quoting LaniBee:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)