Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

B-L-D 4/5~4/11

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:08 PM
  • 24 Replies
  • 394 Total Views

Happy Easter!
easter egg holding easter egg

What's on the menu?

by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this

4/5

I had fresh pineapple and half of a honey tangerine.

I made Asian spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. 

LaniBee
by on Apr. 6, 2015 at 7:38 AM
1 mom liked this

What's Asian spaghetti? 

Quoting taKENheart:

4/5I had fresh pineapple and half of a honey tangerine.I made Asian spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. 

LaniBee
by on Apr. 6, 2015 at 7:45 AM
1 mom liked this

4/5:  We went to my SIL's and she made Country Pork Ribs and Grilled Chicken Thighs, Mac & Cheese and Corn on the Cob. We had cookies and mini cupckakes for dessert and she put out chips & dip and some crackers and cheeses for appetizers.

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Apr. 6, 2015 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I made a sauce for the meatballs with hoisin etc...
I also used Chuka Soba.  Sauteed mushrooms, onions and shredded carrots then you add the under cooked noodles and add sesame oil and soy sauce and tossed it all around. It's kind of like a yakisoba but without the sweetness.

Basically I followed one recipe for the meatballs and another for the "spaghetti" part.

Quoting LaniBee:

What's Asian spaghetti? 

Quoting taKENheart:

4/5I had fresh pineapple and half of a honey tangerine.I made Asian spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. 

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Apr. 6, 2015 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Mmm all of that sounds good!  I love me some ribs.

Quoting LaniBee:

4/5:  We went to my SIL's and she made Country Pork Ribs and Grilled Chicken Thighs, Mac & Cheese and Corn on the Cob. We had cookies and mini cupckakes for dessert and she put out chips & dip and some crackers and cheeses for appetizers.

LaniBee
by on Apr. 7, 2015 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds good!  Did you figure out where the licorice flavor came from?

Quoting taKENheart:

I made a sauce for the meatballs with hoisin etc...I also used Chuka Soba.  Sauteed mushrooms, onions and shredded carrots then you add the under cooked noodles and add sesame oil and soy sauce and tossed it all around. It's kind of like a yakisoba but without the sweetness.Basically I followed one recipe for the meatballs and another for the "spaghetti" part. 

Quoting LaniBee:

What's Asian spaghetti? 

Quoting taKENheart:

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Apr. 7, 2015 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

No, I'm just going with the Hoisin because everything else is common stuff I'm used to.  I haven't used Hoisin very much.

Quoting LaniBee:

Sounds good!  Did you figure out where the licorice flavor came from?

Quoting taKENheart:

I made a sauce for the meatballs with hoisin etc...I also used Chuka Soba.  Sauteed mushrooms, onions and shredded carrots then you add the under cooked noodles and add sesame oil and soy sauce and tossed it all around. It's kind of like a yakisoba but without the sweetness.Basically I followed one recipe for the meatballs and another for the "spaghetti" part. 

Quoting LaniBee:

What's Asian spaghetti? 

Quoting taKENheart:

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Apr. 9, 2015 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Looks like I skipped a few days.
The last couple of days I've had fruit and the chili dogs.
Tangelo...my first one...sooooo juicy and delicious!  
Chili dogs and tater tots

4/9
Pineapple...I'm on a fruit kick.
Dh was going to make Mongolian Beef in the crock pot but he really needed to mow the grass.  I ended up doing it.  I am so used to having his help that it took me forever to get it all prepped, lol.  I felt like a snail.

LaniBee
by on Apr. 9, 2015 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I haven't done much in the kitchen the past few days. DH has been working over-time and Carly and I have been getting by with some grilled chicken and pasta mostly. 

It is so much quicker and a lot more fun when you have a cooking buddy!

Quoting taKENheart:

Looks like I skipped a few days.The last couple of days I've had fruit and the chili dogs.Tangelo...my first one...sooooo juicy and delicious!  Chili dogs and tater tots4/9Pineapple...I'm on a fruit kick.Dh was going to make Mongolian Beef in the crock pot but he really needed to mow the grass.  I ended up doing it.  I am so used to having his help that it took me forever to get it all prepped, lol.  I felt like a snail.

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Apr. 9, 2015 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Well that sounds good.  I find it hard to cook for just two so we tend to have leftovers around.  Even with ds eating with his we still have leftovers for another night most times.

Yeah, it's definitely much quicker plus he cleans up after me, lol.

Quoting LaniBee:

I haven't done much in the kitchen the past few days. DH has been working over-time and Carly and I have been getting by with some grilled chicken and pasta mostly. 

It is so much quicker and a lot more fun when you have a cooking buddy!

Quoting taKENheart:
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)