Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HE PROPOSED!! (Update in different color)

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:47 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 562 Total Views

So i talked to Jed tonight and he is as excited as I am. He proposed to me and yes it was over the phone only cuz he is in Texas right now so he can not physically get down on one knee and give me a ring. He will be home right after christmas and he plans on re-proposing to me then!! I'm so excited. I am planning on moving down by him soon enough and then we will be able to plan our wedding. I can't wait. lol. I'm sorry that I'm going on and on with this I'm just so excited and want someone to share all this excitement with. Well thanks for listening.. I'll keep you all updated.

Ari   happy wedding

So Last night at exactly midnight when the ball dropped he reproposed!! I was sitting there cuddling with him watching the T.V. and a min. before the ball dropped he took my hand and started saying the sweetest thing while putting the ring on. It was so hard to speak afterwords because of everything he had said. I'm so excited. He leaves to go back to A-school on Saturday, but we are enjoying all our time together. I just can't wait til he gets stationed so I can move down by him. For now I'm staying with my mom because I want to be near family until I can be by him. He understands totally though. I knew I loved him for a reason lol. I love him for more than that tho.

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JessNash26
by Member on Dec. 16, 2008 at 11:38 AM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!  That's wonderful!  It doesn't matter that it was over the phone...in the military life a lot of things happen via phone, including marriage proposals :)  But that's really sweet that he's going to "re-propose" in person.  I wish you a happy and healthy life with your soon to be husband!  Again, congratulations :)

ilovemysuperman
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 11:54 AM

CONGRATS!!!

that's really awesome!

you just went from SeaBee GF to Fiance and soon will be a Wife!

=D

wish you the best hugs

Ari1992
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 1:00 PM

Thank you all.. ya i understood why he asked over the phone and i told him i understood.. He's kinda in Texas and I'm kinda in Wisconsin so I understand totally and I support him on everything. We are now talking about our soon to be family and can't wait. We are still hoping on May being when the wedding is and it will probably be in Gulfport, Mississippi or close to there anyway. Well thanks!!

courtmom07
by Group Owner on Dec. 29, 2008 at 9:37 AM

CONGRATS!!  My now DH proposed to me on the phone too :)  Now we've been married almost 4 years.  We got married In Gulfport too at the JP office by the courthouse :)  Good Luck to you both!!

"I will not forget the wound to our country and those who inflicted it. I will not yield, I will not rest, I will not relent in waging this struggle for freedom and security for the American people."
President George W. Bush, September 20, 2001

"I am humbled by those who have made the ultimate sacrifice that allow a free civilization to endure and flourish, It only remains for us, the heirs of their legacy, to have the courage and the character to follow their lead and to preserve America as the greatest nation on Earth and the last, best hope for mankind."                                       President George W Bush, May 26, 2008

ChevellesMami
by Member on Dec. 29, 2008 at 12:30 PM

Congratulations how exciting I'm jumping around with joy for you :)

Ari1992
by on Jan. 31, 2009 at 2:52 AM

He is now saying he thinks he made a mistake in prosposing and might want to break it off all together and I didn't do anything wrong!! ANY ADVICE!! I'M SOO DEVESTATED!! I love him to death and I don't wanna lose him!

Ari1992
by on Feb. 9, 2009 at 1:20 AM

We broke up about 2 weeks ago now.. its rough but ik the military life is too and I still support him. He knows that.

courtmom07
by Group Owner on Feb. 9, 2009 at 8:18 AM

I'm so sorry sweetie....  Did he give you any kind of reason??  If you need to talk or anything you can PM me.

"I will not forget the wound to our country and those who inflicted it. I will not yield, I will not rest, I will not relent in waging this struggle for freedom and security for the American people."

"I am humbled by those who have made the ultimate sacrifice that allow a free civilization to endure and flourish, It only remains for us, the heirs of their legacy, to have the courage and the character to follow their lead and to preserve America as the greatest nation on Earth and the last, best hope for mankind."                                       President George W Bush, May 26, 2008

Ari1992
by on Feb. 9, 2009 at 5:04 PM

cuz he couldnt handle not seeing me and he always thought i was cheating on him which I have NEVER cheated on him! so whatever him and I got in a huge fight and arent talking right now 

courtmom07
by Group Owner on Feb. 10, 2009 at 8:47 AM

Is he going to be deploying soon??  I know my DH and I always fight more right before a deployment.  They say that your SeaBee wants to push you away before they leave so it won't be so hard to go.  I hope that things work out whichever way that they will be best for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)