Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nervous...

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:38 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 326 Total Views

Ok so I'm wondering if anyone here has ever had their baby at Keesler? I had a really bad experience in the ER there (patient mix up, wrong medication, wrong procedure nearly done to me) and when I tried to get a civilian doctor for my prenatal and post natal care, TriCare denied us. I'm terrified something is going to go wrong while I am at Keesler. How are the birthing facilities there and exactly how compentent are they?

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
vnw1405
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:01 PM

I had my son at Keesler 4 1/2 years ago.  It wasn't to bad.  My situation was a bit different though at the time.  I was only 20 years old and I was on my step father's insurance so they judged me and were kind of rude to me.  Once they realized I was trying to have a natural birth they were much more respectful.  I don't know much about what it's like now.  You should go and take a tour of their labor and delivery floor. 

Have you looked into getting a midwife?   

SWseabee
by New Member on Aug. 13, 2009 at 1:23 PM

Haven't looked into getting a midwife. I already toured the maternity ward but I'm still worried about the competency of the medical staff...it can be disasterous if the same thing happens to my baby that happened to me in the ER

Landensmommy007
by New Member on Aug. 13, 2009 at 2:36 PM

I was and am still really upset that they are sending me there for my obgyn & prenatal stuff. The lady that did my pre-natal screening was really rude. When I called to set up my appointment the doctor from the seabee base told me to make sure i told them i was high risk and when i did the receptionist told me that i wasnt high risk until their doctors said i was high risk...which is ridiculous since my son was born at 26 weeks from placenta previa, i have lupus and my second pregnancy ended at 7 weeks. So yeah im not happy at all that i have to go to keesler!  I definatly dont want to give birth there either!

kelliehelvie
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 2:40 PM

I have a friend who is a labor/deliv nurse there. So when I ever have a baby, I have her on my side. ;)

mcpeterse1127
by New Member on Aug. 14, 2009 at 11:48 AM

I was very nervous having my 2nd there as my first was with a civilian doctor however I honestly couldn't have asked for a better experience. My nurses were wonderful and my delivery doctor was Paden and I LOVED LOVED her. She is who I always made my appointments with and I prayed she was on when I went in and she was. I had a 9lb. and she did everything to make me not tear and I didn't. The only thing I wrote negative on my comment card when I left was I wish they had bathtubs instead of showers.

SWseabee
by New Member on Aug. 17, 2009 at 2:07 PM

Paden is my doc...I went through 3 of them before I found her and I agree she is pretty wonderful. Im hoping shes on duty when I deliver

courtmom07
by Group Owner on Aug. 18, 2009 at 1:12 PM

I had a pretty good experience there.  I had Dr Baakke (sp) and she was really nice.  The facilities were nice, they took really good care of EmmaLynn and me.  Wasn't much they could do to stop me from tearing since Em was 10lb 9oz, but it wasn't bad at all.

"I will not forget the wound to our country and those who inflicted it. I will not yield, I will not rest, I will not relent in waging this struggle for freedom and security for the American people." President George W. Bush, September 20, 2001 

"I am humbled by those who have made the ultimate sacrifice that allow a free civilization to endure and flourish, It only remains for us, the heirs of their legacy, to have the courage and the character to follow their lead and to preserve America as the greatest nation on Earth and the last, best hope for mankind."President George W Bush, May 26, 2008

SWseabee
by New Member on Aug. 20, 2009 at 1:37 PM

My doc said there is a good chance of my girl being 9lbs or over...gotta say im pretty terrified of that. my son was 7.5 and i tore badly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)