Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Camera Day

johnny4ever
Today at 5:59 AM
Posted by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 6:40 AM
  • 1 Replies

Camera Day

When : Always June 29th

Camera Day is best celebrated with pictures. Pictures are invaluable memories of our lives and of the world. They tell stories. Our memories and stories are captured by a camera. With digital technology, using a camera has never been easier. Cameras are now built into cell phones, so you always have a camera with you, ready to record the moments of your life.

To many people, a camera is a vital tool to record important events in the family and in the world.  It captures the moment.....forever. It creates the memories that we share and look back upon. From the birth of a baby, to high school graduations, people take pictures at a fast click. Year after year, the camera records family vacations, holidays and Christmas. The camera takes pictures of good times, and occasionally bad time. 

George Eastman is the "Father of Photography". He didn't invent photography. He made many photographic inventions, and created the mass production that brought cameras into everyday use by millions, if not billions of people. His most famous slogan "You take the picture, we do the rest."

Celebrate Camera Day today in a memorable way. Use your digital camera and click the day away!

You Can Make a Camera:

You can make a camera that costs nothing.  Its a great project for school, as a scout project, or just for fun. It's the "Pinhole Camera".

A shoebox is infamous for storing pictures. It can also be converted into a camera. Take a shoebox and poke a pinhole in the middle of one end. Cover the pinhole with a piece of black tape. In a completely dark room, place a large piece of unexposed film on the inside of the end opposite the pinhole. Re-close the cover of the shoebox. Now, take a picture in a snap!

by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 6:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
njmomof3
by Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 8:50 AM

I've started using my iphone as my main camera now.  Since it's always with me, I take lots more pics and videos than ever before.  I hardly ever bring my oher camera anywhere anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN