Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crap. I am about to make someone very happy.

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 4:15 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 273 Total Views
I bid on a perfume. I meant to bid 1200 because I am trying not to use a lot of credits right now. I am close to my goal! It said I was the high bidder but the bid was higher than what I bid. So I checked... I accidentally bid 12000. And someone drove it up to around 4000 at last check. And it ends in a few minutes. Crap.
Oh well. I was getting it for my mom for Christmas so I guess it was worth it. It just will set me back about a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
saraface5383
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 4:58 PM

lol im just glad it wasnt mine! hahaha

Elayna90
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:04 PM
It was! Did you not notice I was the winner?
That's ok. It is your first auction and I do get 500 points for it and my mom will be very happy. Win-win. And I will make it back when my auctions end tomorrow. I just know to check the box to make sure about what I am actually bidding now. Lol. But perfumes do get higher sometimes so in a way, I got lucky. How did you get that sample?

Quoting saraface5383:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saraface5383
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:09 PM

omg really! i thought you said 12000 so i was like "cool its not mine" lol omg i read it wrong obviously! i just saw that you were the winner right now! I got 3 of them from my cousin, its this one and 2 other scents. (I think she got them with something she bought)

Quoting Elayna90:

That's ok. It is your first auction and I do get 500 points for it and my mom will be very happy. Win-win. And I will make it back when my auctions end tomorrow. I just know to check the box to make sure about what I am actually bidding now. Lol. But perfumes do get higher sometimes so in a way, I got lucky. How did you get that sample?

Quoting saraface5383:

Sara..Breastfeeding...Pro Vaccinating...Time Out Giving...No Cio...Disposible Diapering...Anti-Abortion...Hug And Kisses Loving Mother of 2 Beautiful Boys or 3 I'f You Count DH. =]

Elayna90
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:15 PM
I bid 12000. Since no one else bid that high, it didn't go that high. That is a very nice size sample though and will make a great gift.

Quoting saraface5383:

omg really! i thought you said 12000 so i was like "cool its not mine" lol omg i read it wrong obviously! i just saw that you were the winner right now! I got 3 of them from my cousin, its this one and 2 other scents. (I think she got them with something she bought)

Quoting Elayna90:

Quoting saraface5383:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
C8linVilla
by C8lin-Freebie Mama on Oct. 1, 2012 at 6:21 PM

:( im sorry that sucks. But hey im sure you will be able to make it back in time :) im sure your mom will be happy too

Elayna90
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 6:39 PM
Oh yeah. I have auctions ending tomorrow and that will get it back. I just couldn't believe that I didn't notice my typo. I also get 500 when her first auction is completed so I'm not complaining too much.

Quoting C8linVilla:

:( im sorry that sucks. But hey im sure you will be able to make it back in time :) im sure your mom will be happy too

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy5912
by Freebie beginner on Oct. 1, 2012 at 8:24 PM

how do you get points on that site and how does it work?

Elayna90
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 8:26 PM
You start off with some points. The quickest way is to auction your stuff. But you can also get them by completing goals, inviting friends, sharing auctions on facebook, etc.
You can then use your points to bid on items you want. The high point bidder wins the item.

Quoting mommy5912:

how do you get points on that site and how does it work?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN