Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NOOOOO!!!

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:52 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 172 Total Views

Lol ive been informed there is no more saturday mail! Lol its really no big deal but i do love saturdays as i get freebies. sundays are a sad day and now saturday is as well :( Oh well that means we should get extra mail on mondays or tuesdays so i guess it will be ok but ill need some time to greif the loss of my saturday freebies! HAhaha

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kcangel63
by Admin on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Like no more Saturday mail ever? For everyone? When did this happen?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kcangel63
by Admin on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Found it...

The service expects the Saturday mail cutback to begin the week of Aug. 5 and to save about $2 billion annually, said Postmaster General and CEO Patrick R. Donahoe.
C8linVilla
by C8lin-Freebie Mama on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Oh ok so we still got time! lol but seriously im all for it if it saves money and gives them a break but i wonder how they feel about this. idk what they make for  money but wonder how this will impact them.

taniamorse85
by Freebies are Fun! on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:57 PM

The good news is, packages will still be delivered on Saturdays.  They just won't be delivering letters, ads, and other types of mail on Saturdays.  I don't get much mail on Saturdays (often none at all), but I was a little upset when I heard this earlier today.  It was almost inevitable, though.  The postal service is so broke.

Mommy2B110
by Freebie beginner on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Booo!!! lol. I like getting mail on Saturdays

NewMamaBoo
by Freebies are Fun! on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Hmm why? Is it just your area or everywhere?

twinmom86
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:38 PM
My dh worked for the post office for 5 yrs. He quit about a month ago. They are NOT happy with it. My husband was a sub and now with saturdays cut most of the subs will be let go. It's not as bad for the regulars who have their own routs but they are still mad because they will have 3 days worth of mail every monday to deliver.

Quoting C8linVilla:

Oh ok so we still got time! lol but seriously im all for it if it saves money and gives them a break but i wonder how they feel about this. idk what they make for  money but wonder how this will impact them.

C8linVilla
by C8lin-Freebie Mama on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:17 PM

so they will still get mail delivered to their office on saturday? I hear the office will be open on saturdays they simply wont drive to your home on sat. so they would still organize the mail and everything. that still sucks because cars will be fuller and what not. i get other ppls mail so much these days as it is. makes me wonder how much more ill get thats not mine and where my freebies are going. Im sorry for your hubs. :( My mail ladies are the same every day. 1 week its 1 lady next week its another so i cant forsee anyone losing work but i guess subs would have an issue :( 

Quoting twinmom86:

My dh worked for the post office for 5 yrs. He quit about a month ago. They are NOT happy with it. My husband was a sub and now with saturdays cut most of the subs will be let go. It's not as bad for the regulars who have their own routs but they are still mad because they will have 3 days worth of mail every monday to deliver.

Quoting C8linVilla:

C8linVilla
by C8lin-Freebie Mama on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:18 PM

its all USA and because they will save something like $2 million dollars. But I wonder if thats why they upped the rates of shipping. to cover their costs of working? 

Quoting NewMamaBoo:

Hmm why? Is it just your area or everywhere?

acrogodess
by Freebies are Fun! on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I think they should have cut like Wednesday instead. So many people work all week and can only get to the post office on Saturdays. It is such a shame.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)