***Swap Page Elements***
Here's a quick "what is"...and "how to"...for page elements that go into some swaps...
This post will be updated as needed....I got my information from CM(thanks girl ;))and the web (pics are from the web too)...check back often because this
isn't completed yet ...and
if you have a question -- or want something added -- just ask...thanks!
Also - keep in mind that the materials that you use must be archival safe (not that our stuff will last 100s of years...) -- just do your best and have FUN!
handmade items must be double matted and embellished (example: brads,
eyelets, flowers). This is your chance to be creative.
- Title (w/at least 2 embellies) 4"-7" in width w/appropriate height seems to be the preferred sizes for now(this could change) you can however go up to 12" length - double matted. Can stamp it, use diecut letters, whatever else you can think of.
- Embellished paper clips large paperclips...make sure that you
have a background (plain) image to glue to the back...no scotch tape,
even though it is archival safe, please - why? the mat makes the embellished part more sturdy.Add ribbon, fibers or something :)
- Tag (w/at least 2 embellies& w/ribbon/fibers thru hole) Tags are minimum of 3x4...use good cardstock..The ribbon on top does not count as one of the two embellishments. :Here's some examples:
- Embellished journal box (matted & embellished) w/ or w/o lines MUST BE LARGE ENOUGH TO WRITE ON!!(had a hard time finding pics for this so these are a little more plain then what were looking for and will update with pics as soon as i find better ones!!)
- Embellished photo mat (double matted) If making only one photo mat MUST be 4x6 or larger, anything smaller than that and you MUST make 2pp with nothing smaller than a 4x4.. cut it on a cutter (no scissor if you cut like me! LOL ...MUST embellish twice
- Layered / Embellished Diecuts when
possible, use a "shadow" as a mat (makes it sturdy)...and layers (makes
it look great)...good cardstock helps...nice colors (no
- Stamped Images Smudge-free, on quality white cardstock, with at least 1/2 inch around the edges. Looks really nice when matted - ONLY mat if hostess specifies to do so.
- Inchies/Twinchies/Trinchies Inchies are squares that are 1x1; twinchies are 2x2; trinchies are 3x3. (double mat &embellish!!)They should coordinate (see pic). They are embellished (2-4 times) and really cute little additions to a LO or cards.
- SurpriseLET THE HOSTESS KNOW!!-can be something not on the list, stickers (please no tiny, junkie ones)
- Flowers These should be completed(layered with a center)and NOT just pieces/petals. (3 layers is good)
***Store Bought Items***
- Reg, mini, & shaped brads
- Ribbon, fibers, twine, ric rac
- cardstock - heavy cardstock - not construction paper-when cutting down to size please use a sharp cutter...NO RIPPING!!
- pattern paper-when cutting down to size please use a sharp cutter...NO RIPPING!!
NO NATTER WHAT YOU SEND IN MAKE SURE YOU DOUBLE COUNT THEM AND DON"T SHORT ANYONE PLEASE!!