Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's about time CM has a group like this!  What a smashing success this will be!

by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Drumdiva
by Group Owner on Jul. 6, 2012 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks Bitterroot!  It was your group Green Organic Natural Simple Living that was my inspiration.  Share with us some of your natural remedies or exploration as it relates to women's wellness.

Bitterroot
by New Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a story I'll share:

I had my third child, was diagnosed with post-partum depression for the THIRD time, and placed on anti-depressants and told never to go off of them again, that my body was now dependant upon them.

Well, three years after delivering my third child, I sought out a naturopath who actually diagnosed me as having a hormonal imbalance, not post-partum depression needing anti-depressants.

She put me on all-natural progesterone troches (pronounced TRO-Key) that I slip between my cheek and gums and let dissolve. 

Works like a charm!

My skin cleared up, my attitude improved, and some issues I'd been having with urinary incontinence also went away.

Just goes to show that a little naturopathic treatment can go a looooong ways towards improving one's health, versus Western medicine's "a pill for every ill."

Drumdiva
by Group Owner on Jul. 6, 2012 at 4:25 PM

What an awesome story!  I'm so glad you were able to get the natural support you deserve.  Its amazing how important hormonal balance is.  SO MANY issues women face have their root in hormonal imbalance.  You rock Bitterroot!

Quoting Bitterroot:

I have a story I'll share:

I had my third child, was diagnosed with post-partum depression for the THIRD time, and placed on anti-depressants and told never to go off of them again, that my body was now dependant upon them.

Well, three years after delivering my third child, I sought out a naturopath who actually diagnosed me as having a hormonal imbalance, not post-partum depression needing anti-depressants.

She put me on all-natural progesterone troches (pronounced TRO-Key) that I slip between my cheek and gums and let dissolve. 

Works like a charm!

My skin cleared up, my attitude improved, and some issues I'd been having with urinary incontinence also went away.

Just goes to show that a little naturopathic treatment can go a looooong ways towards improving one's health, versus Western medicine's "a pill for every ill."

loveeeyore
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Do you know if that  troches is sold to the general public ?

Colettelove you sign

Drumdiva
by Group Owner on Jul. 9, 2012 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think the torches are but you can get natural progesterone cream at your local health food store, online and possibly at a pharmacy sold over the counter. The name of the brand that comes highly recommended escapes me right now but I will look it up and post. I have used it myself until I was able to get my progesterone balanced through diet and supplements.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Drumdiva
by Group Owner on Jul. 9, 2012 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this
It's Emerita progesterone cream.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN