Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for a little help.... (TMI)

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 10:16 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 268 Total Views

Hello Ladies,

My name is Liz. I am a 27yr old momma of 2 and wife to a hard-working mechanic. We are ttc our 3rd baby. I was on the depo shot for 3 1/2 years. My last jab was 10/27/12. I didn't have a normal af til 5/29/12....and had 3 normal 25 day cycles in a row... Now NOTHING... I was due for af on 8/9-8/10...and as of today 8/16, she is still MIA. With NO positive pregnancy tests.... I am very bloated (very uncomfortable, not constipated) and my breasts are very sore.... I am not sure as to what is going on with me and would like to know if anyone has any idea with the issue is? Or any advice? (other than go to the ER, Dr, Gyno, etc).... If I test again on Sunday and it's still BFN... I will be going to the Dr.

by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mommymo08
by New Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 12:17 PM

for some wierd reason when when my AF is later then usual my symptoms (bloating, sore breasts etc) are worse.  Dont now why, and that probably doesnt help, but I would say take another test this weekend and if BFN, give it 2 weeks (maybe you are ovulating now).  WHat is your CM like if you dont mins shareing

ProudMama1125
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Quoting Mommymo08:

for some wierd reason when when my AF is later then usual my symptoms (bloating, sore breasts etc) are worse.  Dont now why, and that probably doesnt help, but I would say take another test this weekend and if BFN, give it 2 weeks (maybe you are ovulating now).  WHat is your CM like if you dont mins shareing

CM is kind of on the scant side, but sticky and it stretches about 1/2in or so.....
 According to my normal cycle days (25) af is already a week late... I think I o'd late anyhow.... 8/5/12... I was supposed to o on 7/29... But I had some weird cramping/light bleeding-spotting on 8/5 that went on for 3 days on and off. At first I thought it was Implantation....but due to all the negative tests... I think my body is just messed up... BUT even that makes me 11dpo and I'm testing again tomorrow morning and Monday... So should I still give it 2 weeks or 1? I am so confused... Sorry... Thanks for helping...

Jenn_T
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 9:00 PM
If your cm is sticky and stretchy, I would guess you O'd much later than normal and are still in a fertile stage. My cm tends to be watery and thin starting about 4 days before AF. Thick and sticky from O to that time.

With only 3 "normal" cycles to base from, I would guess that your body is still adjusting. Test again this weekend. If still a BFN by mid-week get checked out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommymo08
by New Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:35 PM

keep us updated!  DO you have any history of endometriosis or PCOS?

ProudMama1125
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this

No I don't have PCOS or Endo... BUT I am now on my PERIOD. Thank God. I know that Depo can mess you up really badly and I just keep praying to atleast get af monthly... and she was 9 days late...BUT here she is lol... Yay! On to the next cycle!

Quoting Mommymo08:

Drumdiva
by Group Owner on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Glad at least you got your period so the confusion is over, for now.  I would highly suggest you chart your cycle because then you will know EXACTLY when you ovulated and there is no guess work or freaking out when you think you are late.  Especially if you are ttc and just coming off of depro.  I can tell you from my own personal experience even when our cycles are regular, we get those months when something delays ovulation.  Just had that experience myself this cycle.  If I didn't chart and KNOW that I ovulated late, I would have been quite confused as to why I was getting BFN's and no period.  

Quoting ProudMama1125:

No I don't have PCOS or Endo... BUT I am now on my PERIOD. Thank God. I know that Depo can mess you up really badly and I just keep praying to atleast get af monthly... and she was 9 days late...BUT here she is lol... Yay! On to the next cycle!

Quoting Mommymo08:

ProudMama1125
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 2:19 PM
Quoting Drumdiva:

Glad at least you got your period so the confusion is over, for now.  I would highly suggest you chart your cycle because then you will know EXACTLY when you ovulated and there is no guess work or freaking out when you think you are late.  Especially if you are ttc and just coming off of depro.  I can tell you from my own personal experience even when our cycles are regular, we get those months when something delays ovulation.  Just had that experience myself this cycle.  If I didn't chart and KNOW that I ovulated late, I would have been quite confused as to why I was getting BFN's and no period.  

I think that next cycle I will start temping. This cycle I am just trying out the OPKs I ordered. Next cycle I'll use both.... Thanks for the advice =)

Lilypie - (eYA6)
Baby blessings & BFP prayers to all TTC!!
Lilypie - (zzRY)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN