Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can't stop bleeding

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 11:10 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 232 Total Views

I had a procedure in 2010 and since then my cycle was skipping months. Well last year aroud Christmas I got my period like I thought and it has not stopped since. I have been to the emergency room and doctors and they can't figure out what is going on. The flow varies as well. Some parts of the day it is really light and then it will turn heavy. I have to walk around in those super heavy overnight pads because I just don't know when the flood gates are going to open. I pass huge clots that have scared the crap out of me as well.

The gyn has done tests to check for cancer and I can't take any form of hormonal birth control.We want to have another child as well but not just yet. Bleeding is messing with my life in all aspects from social to the bedroom.

I'm at then end of my rope and wondering if anyone else has had a problem like this and might have some advice.

by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
NDADanceMom
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Ive never heard of that.  Im shocked they cant stop it.  How is your iron level after all of that?  

Drumdiva
by Group Owner on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:45 AM

I second NDADanceMom on the iron!  Really, you have not stopped bleeding in almost a year?  I would suggest finding new doctors.  What kind of a procedure was done?  In the meantime, I would recommend some of my go-to herbs that are safe and nourishing.  Stinging Nettle infusion and Red Raspberry infusion will not harm and can help get you back into balance.  There is an herb called Shepherds Purse that can be taken in tincture form to help stop bleeding.  I used it when I couldn't stop bleeding after my miscarriage.  One must be respectful with the herb though as ANYTHING that can stop bleeding must be used with care.  I simply took a few droppers full for a day and that was enough.  But please find a new doctor.  Perhaps a naturopath.  You should NOT have to suffer like this.  By the way, Nettle has healthy amounts of iron in it and can help replenish what you must be loosing.  Good Luck.  Keep us informed!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN