Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello Ladies!

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:55 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 278 Total Views

I'm 26 years old. My fiance and I have been together for four years. I have two children from a previous marriage (ages 7 and 5) and we are one child together who is 1. My fiance is currently deployed for the next year and we want to TTC for baby #4 as soon as he comes home. I have the mirena in, which is scheduled to be removed next week, and I am going to be starting to track my cycles since I heard it can take a while to get a normal cycle after having mirena.

I guess that is a little book righ tthere. I've never tracked my cycle before so this is going to be new to me, as I don't know where to begin. Whether I have to wait until the mirena is out or if I can start now, etc.

Thanks for all the help and support, looking forward to making some new friends!

by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Drumdiva
by Group Owner on Nov. 6, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Welcome!  And congrats on getting the mirena out and charting your cycle.  You are about to learn so much about your amazing body!  I suggest the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility." It is a charting bible.  My advice is to try not to get too overwhelmed.  It's the big picture you will be looking at.  I'm assuming you do not ovulate with mirena, so I would suggest you start charting right away to start seeing your patterns and you should then know when you ovulate.  Although it won't help you in the ttc department until you start to get a series of normal cycles back, it will help you know what your looking for.  You can begin with a regular digital thermomiter and take your temp every morning before you get out of bed.  It should be taken at the same time each day.  Then get a free account with fertilityfriend.com and record your temp and other signs.  The thermometer will hold the last temp taken so you don't have to record it on FF that moment as I'm assuming your mornings are busy with your little ones.  You can record it later or before you go to bed.  

If you have any questions, let us know.  Lots of savvy ladies here.  I've been charting for many, many years and am very familiar with all of it.

Good Luck!!

mommyof20507
by New Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Thanks! I have an appointment scheduled for Nov 16, to have it removed. This is the first available so I took it. Can I start taking my temp now, even though I have the mirena still in, or will it not be accurate enough?

Quoting Drumdiva:

Welcome!  And congrats on getting the mirena out and charting your cycle.  You are about to learn so much about your amazing body!  I suggest the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility." It is a charting bible.  My advice is to try not to get too overwhelmed.  It's the big picture you will be looking at.  I'm assuming you do not ovulate with mirena, so I would suggest you start charting right away to start seeing your patterns and you should then know when you ovulate.  Although it won't help you in the ttc department until you start to get a series of normal cycles back, it will help you know what your looking for.  You can begin with a regular digital thermomiter and take your temp every morning before you get out of bed.  It should be taken at the same time each day.  Then get a free account with fertilityfriend.com and record your temp and other signs.  The thermometer will hold the last temp taken so you don't have to record it on FF that moment as I'm assuming your mornings are busy with your little ones.  You can record it later or before you go to bed.  

If you have any questions, let us know.  Lots of savvy ladies here.  I've been charting for many, many years and am very familiar with all of it.

Good Luck!!

Drumdiva
by Group Owner on Nov. 6, 2012 at 5:55 PM

I think starting now will help implement the process as a habit and help you get comfortable with it all.  It is really sooooo very easy, but many women feel overwhelmed at first.  It does become second nature however.  Your temps will be influenced and you probably won't have any other fertility signs but thats ok.  It will get you started on being in tune with your body and then when it is removed, and your body starts to remember it's natural cycles, you can see how your body responds and how it all unfolds in your temps and CM.  

mommyof20507
by New Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Thanks! I'm still having CM So I think I will start taking my temp when I wake up. How many hours straight is "ideal" before taking a temp?

Quoting Drumdiva:

I think starting now will help implement the process as a habit and help you get comfortable with it all.  It is really sooooo very easy, but many women feel overwhelmed at first.  It does become second nature however.  Your temps will be influenced and you probably won't have any other fertility signs but thats ok.  It will get you started on being in tune with your body and then when it is removed, and your body starts to remember it's natural cycles, you can see how your body responds and how it all unfolds in your temps and CM.  

Drumdiva
by Group Owner on Nov. 6, 2012 at 7:34 PM

at least three...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)