Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

been temping for over a week now...

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 9:01 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 231 Total Views

I forgot to start on the first day of my period so I started the day my period ended... and for the last 8 days or so my temp has been consistantly between 97.2 and 97.5 every day... ive noticed a change in my cm but I have no clue when im suppose to ovulate. I have the my days app ive been using and it said I should have ovulated last night, but according to my temps and such... im not so sure. :/ Any advice? Is it just too early yet to really tell when I should O?

by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Drumdiva
by Group Owner on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Hang in there.  Your body is still getting used to it's natural state.  It can take a cycle or two (or more) before things become regular.  This is your first cycle charting and you will need to determine a base line.  It takes a few months to do that.  The CM change happens just before ovulation, so your probably close.  That being said...no one or no thing can tell you when you should have ovulated.  The aps are just a guideline.  Your body is the only authority and it will ovulate when its dang good and ready.  Yes, it will fall into a pattern and happen around the same time each month, but it's not a computer.  You'll fall into a pattern soon. Your doing great.  Do be aware of your fertility though if you don't want to get pregnant.  Your are considered fertile right now.

tairakittie
by New Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:20 AM

We are using condoms every time right now, well I didnt the 2 days before my period and the last day of my period, but condoms since then. I figured the 5 days before my period would be "safe" days, though I am just assuming since I just started this. Today my temp was higher at 97.6, yesterday it was 97.4 (I accidently forgot to take it at 7am like usual so I took it at 9 on sunday and thats what I got)... so when I dry up for the most part, compared to "runny", and my temp drops, then I should know I have ovulated? Thank you so much for the advice, I know these are silly questions because im new and have to wait it out a bit but it still reassuring to have someone knowledgable around just to make sure. :)

Drumdiva
by Group Owner on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Not silly questions at all.  And yes, you are "typically" safe right before your period, but there have been women who have gotten pregnant while on their period.  Seems odd to ovulate while your bleeding, but it is not common. It is possible you have ovulated but you really won't know until you complete this cycle and you can look back and see the clear lows and clear highs.  These first few months are all speculation.  I do want to be clear...your temp will increase, not drop after you ovulate.  Just prior your CM is egg white quality to runny and then goes back to your daily type of CM post ovulation and our temp will rise and stay high until the day you start your period.  Then it will typically drop.  

tairakittie
by New Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:53 PM

oh, okay, awesome, thank you!! See, I already had it backwards. So the spike from 97.3ish to 97.6 is a sign I may have O'd and if my temp stays higher then I should know for sure that I did... good to know for future reference. :) That explains why my temp was 96.9 the last day of my period and only gone up since.

Quoting Drumdiva:

Not silly questions at all.  And yes, you are "typically" safe right before your period, but there have been women who have gotten pregnant while on their period.  Seems odd to ovulate while your bleeding, but it is not common. It is possible you have ovulated but you really won't know until you complete this cycle and you can look back and see the clear lows and clear highs.  These first few months are all speculation.  I do want to be clear...your temp will increase, not drop after you ovulate.  Just prior your CM is egg white quality to runny and then goes back to your daily type of CM post ovulation and our temp will rise and stay high until the day you start your period.  Then it will typically drop.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN