Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My cycle was very weird this month...

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:32 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 192 Total Views

Last month I ovulated on day 14 and started my period on day 28. This month I ovulated on day 16 probably and started my period 6 days early. I just found it weird and I really wasnt expecting to start my period today, ive been so regular for months, even though ive only been charting for 3 months. :/ I cant really think of any new stresses or changes to cause it to happen and its coming on fast, though not much pain. I dont know, probably never will.

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Drumdiva
by Group Owner on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Yeah, these things happen on occasion.  It could be nothing.  It could be a drop in progesterone this month.  You may have calculated your ovulation wrong. It could still be your cycle normalizing. It could even be a VERY early miscarriage. And unfortunately, your right, you probably never will know.  Just keep doing what your doing.  These things happen on occasion, as long as it's a rare occasion.  In fact, I had something similar happen to me a few cycles ago.  

Jenn_T
by New Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I think Mother Nature likes to keep us on our toes sometimes. I've always been super regular - like to the day and hour even! It was great as a teen as I never had to worry! Charting confirmed this. Then after my children were born I discovered a change throughout the year where I would be one or two days early every month and my cycle would move from the end of the month to the beginning. And once in a great while I have a totally unexpected month where I start 5-8 days earlier than expected!

I think as long as you're charting you at least have an idea where you are even if you get thrown for a loop once in a while!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)