Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why did i go below the red line?

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:14 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 287 Total Views

still learning
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Drumdiva
by Group Owner on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Well, it is a computer...not a person.  I think the red line is erroneous.  You have four consecutive low temps before it goes above the line on day 15.  Also, those temps are dramatic in difference.  Were you getting up at the same time? Did you have at least 3 consecutive hours of sleep before?  Was there any alcohol the night before?  Lol, no judgement, that tripped me up alot!  How long have you been charting?  I don't see how that red line could be there when there is no consistency in temps.  Are you trying to conceive?  If so, did you take a ovulation test?  There are so many factors that would have made that happen.  

marluvsric
by New Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:23 PM
it's my first charting ...i am trying but not using kits..i have a feeling it's my thyroid..got my results its 3x over the limit.
marluvsric
by New Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:24 PM
lol no i wasn't drinking. ..n slept good

Quoting Drumdiva:

Well, it is a computer...not a person.  I think the red line is erroneous.  You have four consecutive low temps before it goes above the line on day 15.  Also, those temps are dramatic in difference.  Were you getting up at the same time? Did you have at least 3 consecutive hours of sleep before?  Was there any alcohol the night before?  Lol, no judgement, that tripped me up alot!  How long have you been charting?  I don't see how that red line could be there when there is no consistency in temps.  Are you trying to conceive?  If so, did you take a ovulation test?  There are so many factors that would have made that happen.  

Drumdiva
by Group Owner on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Hmmm...so is it over active or under active?  Will you be taking meds?  Only reason I ask is they could affect fertility since you are trying.  Iodine is a great thyroid supplement.  But wither way, this chart is a bit erratic.  If you took your temp at the same time every day before you got out of bed it should be a little more consistent.  May be hard to tell when you ovulate, so if you are ttc, I might suggest OPKs until your charts look a little more consistent. Huge congrats though for beginning the charting journey.  And, what a great example of how basic charting can clue us in on health and hormone issues we might not otherwise be aware of.

marluvsric
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:49 PM

wow...crazy...my thyroid is making me crazy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)