Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to Amazing Art- Say Hi and Junk :)

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 3:45 PM
  • 18 Replies
  • 372 Total Views

Yo,

Welcome to Amazing Art. I started this group to give artistic moms a chance to share their work and learn  from other artists. I believe we are all artists in some way and nothing feels more gratifying some days than having a place to share it with the world.

I had been a free lance artist, set designer and muralist for about 8 years when my art career had to take a back seat to being a mom. Just because I chose to refocus my life doesn't mean I don't pick up a brush, or a needle, or a camera. I do a little bit of everything. I paint, draw, photograph, bake, redneck feng shui, build costumes, compose piano pieces and I'm a damned snazzy dresser ;).

I look forward to seeing your work and learning new styles and techniques.

Rock on Wit' Yer Socks On,

Tracy

by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WebCat
by Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 6:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi, I've recently picked up painting, starting back in the fall of last year. It's been a fun journey; learning and growing. Even the frustrating parts have been fun. I paint in acrylics. I would love to share my journey with others who love to do art as well.

VannaMae307
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Hello,

I started painting again recently after falling out of it almost 4 years ago. I have a house with a basement and recently cleaned out a spot of it to set up my "studio", I don't really have a specific style...I'm still trying to "find myself" so to speak.

My "art studio"

I also do FILM photography. I am adament about mentioning that it is FILM photography because digital is so popular (and rightfully so...technology evolving and all that). I picked up film photography while feeling nostalgic...I took a class in high school and quite honestly I LOVED IT. Film photography gives me a sense of anticipation....how will this turn out? Will it be like I imagined? Will I need to try again, from different angles? Here are some examples of recent rolls of film:

WebCat
by Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:29 AM

Hi there. I just recently started painting too. Well, I started last October. Oh my! It's been a year of this passionate obsession! LOL

Love your studio. I have a corner in our office and I too paint with acrylics. You must be left handed like me. Your light is over your right shoulder.

CalienteDama
by New Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Hey! I love art! I have been drawing portraits for 9 years now and recently started expanding because I ran out of people that would allow me to draw and think it's boring doing celbs cause they can't see them! So now I also do photography and have VERY recently started painting!

I used to want to be an interior designer too but I ended up in the tattoo business but had to stop when I became pregnant! So I am thinking about doing over the top cake decorating as I love baking and sculpting too and being bored I have recently stocked up on cake programmes on sky and it has made me want to do this even more! Lol.   IF ANYONE WANTS A PORTRAIT DONE FOR FREE ASK!!!

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Palindromeda
by Group Owner on Aug. 18, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Quoting VannaMae307:

Hello,

I started painting again recently after falling out of it almost 4 years ago. I have a house with a basement and recently cleaned out a spot of it to set up my "studio", I don't really have a specific style...I'm still trying to "find myself" so to speak.

My "art studio"

I also do FILM photography. I am adament about mentioning that it is FILM photography because digital is so popular (and rightfully so...technology evolving and all that). I picked up film photography while feeling nostalgic...I took a class in high school and quite honestly I LOVED IT. Film photography gives me a sense of anticipation....how will this turn out? Will it be like I imagined? Will I need to try again, from different angles? Here are some examples of recent rolls of film:

Your photos are beautiful and your studio puts my sad little wooden box to shame :). You're pretty right about traditional art being a thing of the past. I too have been guilty of "going digital" for a while, but it was mostly because of an incident I had with a curious toddler, tubes of oil paints, and a white carpet so many years ago. I've just recently gotten into traditional again, and I'm surprised how gratifying it is.

Anyways, cause I talk too much, I just wanted to say thanks for joining and I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Palindromeda
by Group Owner on Aug. 18, 2012 at 12:24 AM

You sound alot like me. I find myself wanting to do so many different creative things. You do portraits? That's so awesome! I can't seem to make a decent portrait, no matter how hard I try. The closest I came was to a digital painting of Robert Plant and I openly admit to gridding a photo for proportion help.

Thanks for joining, keep it epic ;)

Quoting CalienteDama:

Hey! I love art! I have been drawing portraits for 9 years now and recently started expanding because I ran out of people that would allow me to draw and think it's boring doing celbs cause they can't see them! So now I also do photography and have VERY recently started painting!

I used to want to be an interior designer too but I ended up in the tattoo business but had to stop when I became pregnant! So I am thinking about doing over the top cake decorating as I love baking and sculpting too and being bored I have recently stocked up on cake programmes on sky and it has made me want to do this even more! Lol.   IF ANYONE WANTS A PORTRAIT DONE FOR FREE ASK!!!

WebCat
by Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 5:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Gridding a photo is an accepted method.

CalienteDama
by New Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 6:37 AM

It takes a lot of practise really, I have a few pictures I could show you if you want. The proportion really got me to start with too but I just made it up with the shading and highlighting. Now, I have done that many portraits I just can't seem to draw anything else that well. It seems like they wont hit the standard of my portraits cause I have perfected them! I used to grid a lot in school and it is the method that helped me alot to get the proportion spot on without an aid. So there is no shame in gridding. If it helps you become the artist you want to be later on then why not! 

Good luck if you try it again. Try doing one with a grid and without and post the top pictures up. I can give you some hints. :)  

Quoting Palindromeda:

You sound alot like me. I find myself wanting to do so many different creative things. You do portraits? That's so awesome! I can't seem to make a decent portrait, no matter how hard I try. The closest I came was to a digital painting of Robert Plant and I openly admit to gridding a photo for proportion help.

Thanks for joining, keep it epic ;)

Quoting CalienteDama:

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Palindromeda
by Group Owner on Aug. 23, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Thanks for joining, I can't wait to see more of your drawings. You gots skills :S

Quoting clmsmom:

Hi. I am Chanda - Have always drawn for as long as I remember. I prefer graphite and colored pencil - not much of a painter but have done a few in my lifetime. Looks like a nice group here.

christinasfirst
by Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Hello all,

My name is Christina. I am the mother of one (my amazing little girl, Raelee) who was just born this past July. I live in the small town of New Oxford, pa with my husband (best man beyond imagination), eric, and my furbabies; my cat, klinger, and two dogs, skylar, a chihuahua mix, and Camber, my purebred Rottie.

I have been into art my whole life as it runs in my family. My grandmother on my dad's side is an artist, my grandfather on my mother's side was an artist and even worked for NASA, and my mother is an artist. So needless to say it's in my blood.

I graduated from High School majoring in art and ended up in the Art Instatute in York, PA majoring in Animation. After collage, I decided I wanted to combine my love of art and automotives and started airbrushing. I now own my own business airbrushing anything and everything I can get my hands on.

I am not stictly a airbrush artist though, I love all kinds of art. Painting (acrylic, oil, and airbrush), drawing (charcoal, pencil, pen, marker), photography, heck I'm even working on learning to tattoo. I just absolutly love art! I only hope I have passed on this talent to my daughter.

Anyhow, enough about me. I hope to get to know you ladies and even make some new friends. Kinda cool getting to know other momma's who art artsy fartsy like I am. :)

~Christina

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)