Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to Amazing Art- Say Hi and Junk :)

Posted by   + Show Post

Yo,

Welcome to Amazing Art. I started this group to give artistic moms a chance to share their work and learn  from other artists. I believe we are all artists in some way and nothing feels more gratifying some days than having a place to share it with the world.

I had been a free lance artist, set designer and muralist for about 8 years when my art career had to take a back seat to being a mom. Just because I chose to refocus my life doesn't mean I don't pick up a brush, or a needle, or a camera. I do a little bit of everything. I paint, draw, photograph, bake, redneck feng shui, build costumes, compose piano pieces and I'm a damned snazzy dresser ;).

I look forward to seeing your work and learning new styles and techniques.

Rock on Wit' Yer Socks On,

Tracy

by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 3:45 PM
Replies (11-18):
Palindromeda
by Group Owner on Aug. 29, 2012 at 2:02 AM

I'm really excited to see your work! I also find it incredibly epic you've been able to turn your talent into a career. I think if you're looking for artsy fartsy, you're in the right place. Aesthetes are definitely a breed all their own. Welcome to the group.

Quoting christinasfirst:

Hello all,

My name is Christina. I am the mother of one (my amazing little girl, Raelee) who was just born this past July. I live in the small town of New Oxford, pa with my husband (best man beyond imagination), eric, and my furbabies; my cat, klinger, and two dogs, skylar, a chihuahua mix, and Camber, my purebred Rottie.

I have been into art my whole life as it runs in my family. My grandmother on my dad's side is an artist, my grandfather on my mother's side was an artist and even worked for NASA, and my mother is an artist. So needless to say it's in my blood.

I graduated from High School majoring in art and ended up in the Art Instatute in York, PA majoring in Animation. After collage, I decided I wanted to combine my love of art and automotives and started airbrushing. I now own my own business airbrushing anything and everything I can get my hands on.

I am not stictly a airbrush artist though, I love all kinds of art. Painting (acrylic, oil, and airbrush), drawing (charcoal, pencil, pen, marker), photography, heck I'm even working on learning to tattoo. I just absolutly love art! I only hope I have passed on this talent to my daughter.

Anyhow, enough about me. I hope to get to know you ladies and even make some new friends. Kinda cool getting to know other momma's who art artsy fartsy like I am. :)

~Christina

Myke
by New Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Hello,  I am a mother of 3 beautiful girls and I am a digital artist.  I've dabbled in just about every medium there is but with having young kids my art took a backseat for a long time.  Discovering digital art was almost magic for me, here I could explore my creativity without being hindered by worrying about the kids getting into my stuff.  And like traditional art there's always more to learn and avenues to explore, the possibilies are endless and I LOVE IT!  I look forward to being in this group and seeing all that the other members have to share. ♥♥♥

WebCat
by Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 5:18 AM
Hello Myke, It's great to meet others who love to do art. With the holidays I haven't been doing too much but would love to try some digital art with a pen. Unfortunately, I don't have a pen yet LOL. I can't wait to see what you have to share.
SGRobinson
by New Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Hello! How did I not find this group before? I'm Susan, and I'm a digital illustrator. I graduated from RISD in 2002 with a degree in Illustration. I've done a few children's books and some other illustration work, but nothing from any big publishers (yet!) I'm a freelance graphic designer too.

I used to work traditionally with oil, arcylic, watercolor, gouache... everything, until I broke down and bought Corel Painter and a Wacom Tablet 3 years ago. I loved them so much, I got a laptop and another tablet so I can work in bed at night after everyone is asleep now that I have kids (16 month old boy/girl twins).

motleysoul
by New Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Thank You... 

hippiemama28
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:49 PM

My name is Toni. I'm 35. I was born on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, but now I live in Northern Mississippi. I'm a mother of one daughter, who is now 21 years old. I'm an artist, poet, & writer. I am quirky, unique & eclectic. Yet, I'm down to earth. I am a sensitive and caring free spirit. I enjoy getting in touch with nature. I love vintage/retro clothes, art, poetry, the beach, the counterculture, paranormal interests, and music.

rock n rollToni Tennille, boho-rocker mom of a twenty-something woman, nature lover, and artist

WebCat
by Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:43 AM

Hi Toni, It's nice to meet you. You're interests sound intriguing and very artisitic. This group is pretty quiet and I haven't been here for a while. I've been so busy! Sorry to have missed your hello before now. 

motherofpearl
by New Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:43 AM
Hi, my name is Jessica. I am a working mother of 3 from western PA I have dabbled in art and crafts all my life. My mother is very creative and artistic. With finances being tight recently I started making gifts for friends and family and found out how much more rewarding it is to give personalized handmade gifts. Last year I made aa primitive style painting of my daughter as a present for my parents. This Christmas was much more busy for me because I made 2 more paintings for my parents, a slate painting for my sister, a painting for my father-in-law and my husband, and a slate painting for 4 of our friends. Needless to say, I have been talked into making more to sell at craft shows this year. P.s. I apologize for all the typos, I'm having a lot of iissues with autocorrect.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)