Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Amazing Art

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 4:19 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 466 Total Views

Share your work :) Tell us about it.

2B-HB pencil on standard paper- A project in my drawing class last semester. Took me for freakin' ever to finish and I swore I never wanted to see another cow skull again.

by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WebCat
by Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 6:10 AM

Oh I love this! The folds of the cloth are great but the skulls are fantastic!

WebCat
by Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 6:19 AM

I've only sketched about 5 or 6 things as sketches on paper. I usually just do a sketch on canvas to place what I want to paint. I tried a few hands for practice and found I'm really not too fond of sketching for sketching's sake. It is very exact and I'm not that precise. I'd rather put lines on canvas to paint.

But in any case, this is my best sketch for sketchings sake. You can see all the errors.

WebCat
by Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 6:28 AM

This is what I mean. This is a tiger I did in acrylics (11x14 on canvas). The last photo isn't the final painting. It's just when I stopped shooting photos of it.

Palindromeda
by Group Owner on Jul. 30, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Quoting WebCat:

I've only sketched about 5 or 6 things as sketches on paper. I usually just do a sketch on canvas to place what I want to paint. I tried a few hands for practice and found I'm really not too fond of sketching for sketching's sake. It is very exact and I'm not that precise. I'd rather put lines on canvas to paint.

But in any case, this is my best sketch for sketchings sake. You can see all the errors.

This is gorgeous! The detail is just right and the value really add to the dimension of it. Props too for picking such difficult subjects. I have such a hard time with both hands and feet!

Palindromeda
by Group Owner on Jul. 30, 2012 at 3:57 PM

I love seeing the progression of this painting. The amount of detail you put into it too is just perfect, giving it texture without making it too busy. LOVE it! :)

Quoting WebCat:

This is what I mean. This is a tiger I did in acrylics (11x14 on canvas). The last photo isn't the final painting. It's just when I stopped shooting photos of it.

lotuszen
by New Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 7:30 PM

I have more but my compter is taking too long to load...internet isnt working well right now..

Palindromeda
by Group Owner on Aug. 12, 2012 at 3:39 AM

Good gravy you know your way around a pencil. I especially love the dramatic use of value in the first one. Thanks for sharing ;)

Quoting lotuszen:

I have more but my compter is taking too long to load...internet isnt working well right now..

lotuszen
by New Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Thanks :) The first one was a projec that my drawing teacher asked us to do..we were suppose to make masks that we wear in public and have our natural face as well.

Quoting Palindromeda:

Good gravy you know your way around a pencil. I especially love the dramatic use of value in the first one. Thanks for sharing ;)

Quoting lotuszen:

Palindromeda
by Group Owner on Aug. 23, 2012 at 4:41 PM

This is GAWGEOUS!!! There is just so much minute detail. I can tell this is going to be seriously epic when it is done. How long do you think you'll be working on this project?

Quoting clmsmom:

This is my latest work in progress - it's a drawing I am doing for a friend...pretty simple drawing but fun.

dog in graphite..

WebCat
by Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 4:13 PM

I really love that dog! His expression is fantastic!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN