Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's on your easel? - August 2012

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:00 AM
  • 15 Replies
  • 300 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I finished my Generational Painting for my daughter (I'll have to explain that in another post. It's a rather long explaination) and the painting of my Grandson. That one I'm not happy with but it's as far as I can go with it. For a while my canvas sat empty on my easel but now I'm trying something I haven't done yet. A building. And not only that, it's tiny. I haven't done small paintings before.

This is the first stages with the under coating darks and framing the buildings. It's a light house.

by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Palindromeda
by Group Owner on Aug. 15, 2012 at 8:10 PM

That's going to be beautiful when it's finished.

I've been kinda artistically lazy as of late, so for the first time in forever I don't have any projects going.

WebCat
by Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 5:23 AM

This is my first buidling. I've done a bit more on it and will post another photo over the weekend. It's from a photo in an art message board (not on cafemom) where they post a photo and people paint it. I have until the end of the month to finish it.

This sort of idea might be cool for your group here except that in the other message board it is in an acrylic forum and submissions have to be painted in acrylic. Yours might be more like "Here's a photo. Paint, sketch, mixed medium etc."

CalienteDama
by New Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 3:43 PM
That's really good I wish I could do something like that. I don't even have an easel! I have no where to put it.
Palindromeda
by Group Owner on Aug. 18, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Tabletop easels are a great way to save space and are pretty nice for storage too. I used to have a tabletop that doubled as a "current bill" board.

Quoting CalienteDama:

That's really good I wish I could do something like that. I don't even have an easel! I have no where to put it.

WebCat
by Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 6:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I picked up my table top easel at walmart for $20. It telecopes to a standing easel. It's aluminum and very light. I love it. I tried some plein air painting with it and it worked great. It got too hot here in Florida to go out so I stopped for a bit but will go back out when it cools down to the 70's

WebCat
by Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 6:16 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm moving right along at a snails pace LOL. I'm not real quick on these things. I'm having a bit of a difficult time on the water. I think I need to go look how others have done it.

CalienteDama
by New Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 6:25 AM

Yeah I don't have a table lol. I still live with my parents and I have to do all my work on my double bed. Soon moving out so should have a whole room for art soon! 

Quoting Palindromeda:

Tabletop easels are a great way to save space and are pretty nice for storage too. I used to have a tabletop that doubled as a "current bill" board.

Quoting CalienteDama:

WebCat
by Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 8:33 AM

The easel shortens to put on a table or lengthens to stand like a regular one and all heights in between. If you're sitting on a stool you can make it 3 feet high or lengthen it to stand by. It's proved pretty sturdy too.

WebCat
by Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 4:12 PM

LOL The phrase "What's on your easel?" mainly means "Whatcha doing right now?"

It appears no one is doing anything

WebCat
by Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this

lol. I know.. and I love him!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)