Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's on your easel? - August 2012

Posted by   + Show Post

I finished my Generational Painting for my daughter (I'll have to explain that in another post. It's a rather long explaination) and the painting of my Grandson. That one I'm not happy with but it's as far as I can go with it. For a while my canvas sat empty on my easel but now I'm trying something I haven't done yet. A building. And not only that, it's tiny. I haven't done small paintings before.

This is the first stages with the under coating darks and framing the buildings. It's a light house.

by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:00 AM
Replies (11-15):
Palindromeda
by Group Owner on Aug. 27, 2012 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Game background textures. I don't have but a couple so far, but at least finally I'm in my element.

Palindromeda
by Group Owner on Aug. 29, 2012 at 1:51 AM

I actually finished something!! It's been almost a year, since life happened to me I guess, since I've been able to truly sit down and create something in earnest. I have this weird distorting 2 inch stripe down the middle of my laptop's display, so I wasn't able to add all the detail I wanted to put in, but it was an adequate stopping point.

Gimp/Paint.Net

WebCat
by Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 5:28 AM

He's (I'm assuming it's a he ;) is looking great! I love the detail and shading you put in your work. You always seem to catch the expresions.

Quoting clmsmom:

Here is the dog right now - I am working on his harness so ignore that. :-)

WebCat
by Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 5:30 AM

Beautiful! The bubbles are great and I love your soft reflections and water. It leads the eye and gives a nice delicate balance to your work.

Quoting Palindromeda:

I actually finished something!! It's been almost a year, since life happened to me I guess, since I've been able to truly sit down and create something in earnest. I have this weird distorting 2 inch stripe down the middle of my laptop's display, so I wasn't able to add all the detail I wanted to put in, but it was an adequate stopping point.

Gimp/Paint.Net

WebCat
by Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 6:51 AM

He's darling! You've done a fantastic job of capturing him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN