Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Traditional v. Digital- Pick Your Poison

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 12:30 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 239 Total Views

How do you feel the emergence of digital art helps or hurts the art world? Do you think it broadens the possibilities of digital art or hinders it by making the creation easier, therefore making visually pleasing pieces more common place?

by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
WebCat
by Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 5:59 AM
1 mom liked this

It's a method like any other method. The elements of design and principles still need to applied. You still need to be creative and insightful. I've seen people try to do art on the computer and it fails just as I've seen people do art with canvas and it fails. I don't think it matters what medium a person uses; the creative process and level of skill makes the difference.

WebCat
by Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this

The last computer drawing I did someone told me it wasn't really a sketch because it wasn't on paper. I now ignore that person because I prefer to cut negative influences out of my life.

Palindromeda
by Group Owner on Aug. 27, 2012 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm almost strictly a digital painter these days and I think the only thing that makes it easier from tradition is the "undo" button. When done right, it's time consuming and even a little frustrating.

And yeah, computer sketches are sketches still. Whoever says otherwise has never tried to draw a straight line with a mouse :3

clmsmom
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Quoting Palindromeda:

And yeah, computer sketches are sketches still. Whoever says otherwise has never tried to draw a straight line with a mouse :3

No kidding. Me and Mr. Mouse do not get along in that department. I think graphic artists who work in the digital format are amazing.

~CHANDA~

"A hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank-account was, the sort of  house I lived in, or the make of car I drove. But the world may be different, because I was important in the life of a child." -Author Unknown

Palindromeda
by Group Owner on Aug. 27, 2012 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I seem to do better with a mouse than I do a tablet. This was one of my better "mousin' it" projects even though this one was done with a laptop touchpad (which is both frustrating and rewarding.) I think for me the biggest draw to digital art is the ability to create pieces that appear to be mixed media without having to drag all the supplies out.

Quoting clmsmom:

Quoting Palindromeda:

No kidding. Me and Mr. Mouse do not get along in that department. I think graphic artists who work in the digital format are amazing.

christinasfirst
by Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 3:12 PM

The closest I get to digital art is photoshopping my photography lol. I like to stick with the more traditional, messy, hands on versions lol. But just like the other momma's said it is all art not matter the media used.

Myke
by New Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I was glad to read the positive responses to this question.  Art is Art no matter the media, 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)