Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you feel...

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:08 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 209 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Since 12/21/12.  Are you more worried or less worried that something might happen?  

My husband always said that nothing was going to happen on that day and while I tended to agree with him, there was still a part of me that said something could happen.  lol... I know this is going to sound horrible but I was almost disappointed that nothing happened, I felt cheated.  Not that I want mass destruction or tons of people dying or anything like that, just that I wanted to live the sort of life that I have been preparing for.  No tv, video games, lights, having to do everything the "old fashioned way."  I know I could just unplug and do it anyway but it is nearly impossible when the kids wake up before me and the first thing they do is watch tv or play a video game because they know that as soon as I wake up it's all over.  Then there is my husband who thinks tv is the only way he can relax after work.  Don't get me wrong he still does stuff around the house when he gets home but the tv it on from the time he walks in the door till he goes to bed.  When hurricane sandy hit, we were without power for 5 days and 6 nights.  I was very happy but my husband was going a little stir crazy.  The kids faired a little better because I don't allow the tv to be on all day anyway.  They played games and did puzzles and helped out with chores, like bringing in more fire wood.   I just want things to be less modern, less high tech.  As far as being  worried I would have to say, I am about the same as before because if you just take the prophecies and mysticism out of the equation you are still left with some really disturbing possibilities.  It is just that now you don't have a countdown or deadline to work with.  You don't know what day you should stay close to home "just in case."  But I'm ok with that.  I have come to terms with knowing it is impossible to be prepared for every possible scenario and I just do what I can to be as prepared as possible.

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
CjHonza
by New Prepper Gal on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I've been an old time living person my whole life. And I have been prepping long before 2012 and will continue. I believe very much so that something may happen. More now than ever with our government the way it is. Continue to prepare yourself and your family. Better safe than sorry in the end.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)