Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

Did anyone know the Big Mac was invented in PA?  In fact, it was invented right up the street from my house.  There is a museum in North Huntingdon, PA.  Another place I want to see. 

by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 2:27 PM
Replies (11-18):
vallhk
by vals6pack on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this

thats awesome, never knew that

MichelleMc
by Representative on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Never heard of it, but interesting!

MissyB1011
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Sounds like a fun day trip for us.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TerriC
by Terri on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:04 AM
1 mom liked this

We are not too far from it, can't believe I haven't gone yet.  I have to talk DH into it.

Quoting MissyB1011:

Sounds like a fun day trip for us.

meowsrus
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Hey! Sorry I didn't get back to you, there's been a death in the family.

But my hubby (being from around down here) let me know the store that it was invented at was torn down about 10 years ago. Where the video rental place is now WASwhere that McD's was. They built a new one where one stands now (right inside the plaza) but a few years ago they tore it down and rebuilt it into the one that stands today's which is not much different from the one that was there before, lol.

Fount of useless knowledge I am LOL
TerriC
by Terri on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Sorry for your loss.

Yeah, my FIL told me it was in the same complex but had been rebuilt. I live right down the street from there and work across the street from it.

Quoting meowsrus:

But my hubby (being from around down here) let me know the store that it was invented at was torn down about 10 years ago. Where the video rental place is now WASwhere that McD's was. They built a new one where one stands now (right inside the plaza) but a few years ago they tore it down and rebuilt it into the one that stands today's which is not much different from the one that was there before, lol.

meowsrus
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:24 PM
We were living here when the old-old one was still there. Eh, it was a classically older, in need of repair McD's. But it offended most of the county when they built the museum "so far away". My grandmother lives 20 seconds from it (literally) but I haven't been it.

You at the bank or the shops? LOL Over there is where I do most of my grocery shooping

Quoting TerriC:

Sorry for your loss.

Yeah, my FIL told me it was in the same complex but had been rebuilt. I live right down the street from there and work across the street from it.

Quoting meowsrus:

TerriC
by Terri on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:33 AM

I used to work at the party store next to Shop n Save (Everyday's a Party).  Now, I work for my sister in law.  She owns a house that she turned into a business.  It is on Morgantown, I can see Shop n Save from the kitchen window.  There is no sign on her house/office though.  She does Real Estate and other various things.  =-)  I shop at Shop n Save most of the time.  I have probably seen you!

Quoting meowsrus:

We were living here when the old-old one was still there. Eh, it was a classically older, in need of repair McD's. But it offended most of the county when they built the museum "so far away". My grandmother lives 20 seconds from it (literally) but I haven't been it.

You at the bank or the shops? LOL Over there is where I do most of my grocery shooping

Quoting TerriC:

Sorry for your loss.

Quoting meowsrus:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)