Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Halloween Costumes

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:17 AM
  • 22 Replies

Do you make them or buy them. 

I usually buy them but am considering making them this year

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
PROUD ARMY WIFE TO SCOTT, PROUD MOM TO CHELSEA JORDAN -15 (7-26-1996), CIERA DAWN -12 (1-14-2000), SAVANNAH RUTH -7 (7-10-2004), HUNTER AUSTIN-6 (2-22-2006), MAKENZIE FAITH-2 (3-31-2010), GARRETT MICHEAL 5-21-12
PROUD ANGEL MOM TO ZACHARY RUSSELL (4-15-2008)
ANGEL BABY BEAN 11-6-2001
ANGEL BABY BEAN 07-23-2011
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aubs1990
by Aubrey on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I buy them.

lalasmama2007
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:21 AM
We normally buy them.
MichelleMc
by Representative on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Rarely bought. We usually figured out things we had or friends to make a costume. Like handy man with his overalls or fireman with a free Jacket from Hubby fire station & had someone sew it up small. 

vallhk
by vals6pack on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:36 AM

What kinds of costumes can you make with household items?  Any?  Just trying to get ideas

Quoting MichelleMc:

Rarely bought. We usually figured out things we had or friends to make a costume. Like handy man with his overalls or fireman with a free Jacket from Hubby fire station & had someone sew it up small. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
PROUD ARMY WIFE TO SCOTT, PROUD MOM TO CHELSEA JORDAN -15 (7-26-1996), CIERA DAWN -12 (1-14-2000), SAVANNAH RUTH -7 (7-10-2004), HUNTER AUSTIN-6 (2-22-2006), MAKENZIE FAITH-2 (3-31-2010), GARRETT MICHEAL 5-21-12
PROUD ANGEL MOM TO ZACHARY RUSSELL (4-15-2008)
ANGEL BABY BEAN 11-6-2001
ANGEL BABY BEAN 07-23-2011
MichelleMc
by Representative on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Hee Hee, I guess I should say what we had around the house. But like I said, construction man, he had overalls & the boots, so then he had a tool set, made him construction. 

Also, A knight with a gallon milk jug cut to be his helmet, cardboard for shield ( didn't add the sword. Black Sweats & a black garbage bag for cape. We did that for a scout night that was for scouts. 

Robot with cardboard boxes painted to fit over legs or arms. Two papertowel ( or more ) put together to go over arms or legs. 

Fireman with some yellow duct tape on a black jacket or Sweat shirt & Sweat pants.

courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 11:42 AM
We've done both.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 11:46 AM
I made a sheep with a white sweatsuit and cotton balls. A cow with a white sweatsuit and black felt. (I guess I did buy a cowbell) a dog with a brown sweatsuit and a head band to attach the ears to. I dressed my youngest dd up as my hubby...that was hilarious! She dressed in boys jeans (borrowed), a Buccaneers jersey, my hubbys Buccs winter cap and a fake moustache and goatee. So cute. Everyone loved it! :)

Quoting vallhk:

What kinds of costumes can you make with household items?  Any?  Just trying to get ideas

Quoting MichelleMc:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
key2ynot
by Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I usually make ours  and will maybe buy an accessory to go with it - like one year our son was a knight so we found his armor/sword at dollar tree.  We do sometimes buy as well, but I've made more than we have bought

Last year I had a homemade mario and princess peach (my oldest insisted on a starwarscharacter  that we had bought)

the year before that was the best

I also did a dragon one year to go along with the knight

OneToughMami
by LolaD on Sep. 5, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Most years we buy. This year we are sort of making. Which reminds me I need to get all the stuff together!

TerriC
by Terri on Sep. 5, 2012 at 12:33 PM

I buy them, mostly because I work at a Party Store and they are readily available to me!  LOL.  I would like to make them for them one of these years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)