Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

Christmas fanatics!

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 10:28 AM
  • 14 Replies
Anyone else a HUGE Christmas lovers? What do you do for christmas activities? Do you decorate? Traditions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ninamsi
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 10:58 AM

My children and I love to decorate for Christmas.  We usually have a house full of grandchildren, nieces.  There are more girls than boys.  I hate that Christmas has lost it's true meaning, but look forward to spending time with family.

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Sep. 6, 2012 at 11:01 AM

I love christmas.  We do tons of baking cookies.  We make gingerbread houses with the kids every year (with another family and their kids, too)  We also like to make food type gifts like last year we made caramel popcorn and put that into buckets for everyone-it went over so well we will probably be making it again this year.

We decorate lightly but I'd like to do more then we have in the past. 

cafay
by Terri on Sep. 6, 2012 at 11:22 AM

love Christmas.We do decorate,but I try not to get too crazy. Our house is small, so it can get overwhelming. We do a lot of cookies and we do a ride at night to see all the houses decorated with the lights.We take hot chocolate, and my son begs to go home after 5 min.Ha! When I was little my parents used to take us to see the Bethlehem Star. I loved that. Anyone know if it's still there?

Ksm1862
by Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 12:11 PM
I can ask my aunt. She's over in Allentown.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlightlyPerfect
I just don't understand why some people choose to live in filth.
Today at 9:27 AM
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 1:08 PM

I think I will be this year now that we have a house and are close to family.

slightlyperfect

G2Mama
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 1:10 PM

I love to decorate for Christmas!  I'm really excited about it this year...ds knows the Santa deal but dd will be 10 months old and lots of fun!  Can't wait to bake all those Christmas goodies either!

TerriC
by Terri on Sep. 6, 2012 at 1:54 PM

DH is a HUGE Christmas fanatic.  (I love it too).  He always starts decorating on Thanksgiving day.  He is a big kid.  We do the inside of the house and the front and back yard.  The girls and I love to make Christmas cookies and decorate them.  We always look for new Christmas crafts to do.

birdiemom
by Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 1:55 PM
My friends and I go to kozier's Christmas Villiage in bernville every year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vallhk
by vals6pack on Sep. 6, 2012 at 1:59 PM

yep,  our activity varies year to year.  we just all out enjoy it.  we decorate and all

darmomusaf
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 6:08 PM

absolutely love Christmas and all that goes with it. I start decorating right before Thanksgiving (we are never home for that holiday, and I need an early start), Christmas cookies, driving around to look at lights and attending our communitys annual house tour for the holidays are just a few of the things that we do.  We also make sure that we go to church on Christmas Eve, my adult kids think this is just as important as any of our other traditions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)