Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

I have never been so happy to see someone get arrested!

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 9:41 PM
  • 13 Replies

Allentown police apprehend man wanted in shooting

Author: Gina Gasper, Web Producer
Published On: Sep 07 2012 08:19:39 PM EDT  Updated On: Sep 07 2012 08:50:18 PM EDT
Del Robyn Fenty

Del Robyn Fenty

ALLENTOWN, Pa. -

Allentown Police have apprehended a man wanted for shooting at police earlier this week.

Officials said Del Robyn Fenty was taken into custody in the Bronx, New York Friday around 6:15pm.

Fenty was wanted in connection to what started as a domestic disturbance call in the first block of North Third Street around 3 p.m. Tuesday.

According to police, officers entered the resident and were met with a series of gun shots and projectiles striking the first floor entrance area.  Officers immediately took cover and one officer returned fire.

“Numerous shots were fired, our officers returned a couple of shots," said Allentown Police Chief Roger MacLean. "The suspect then fled the residence.”

Police said Fenty fled through a second floor window and was able to elude capture.

Fenty will be arraigned on a Fugitive from Justice warrant Friday evening at the Bronx Central Booking Center and will be committed to Rickers Island Prison pending extradition to Pennsylvania, according to police. 

He will be charged with two counts of attempted criminal homicide of a police officer, aggravated assault, recklessly endangering another person, and more.

by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OneToughMami
by LolaD on Sep. 7, 2012 at 9:42 PM

This man disrupted my entire life on Tuesday when he decided to start shooting as school was getting out! My uncle had casually walked to see what the noise was and was almost caught in all this mele! If he would have been at another one of his windows he very easily could have shot my home!

TurboMom81
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 9:58 PM

I'm glad they caught him!

DnCK626
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Quoting TurboMom81:

I'm glad they caught him!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OneToughMami
by LolaD on Sep. 7, 2012 at 10:22 PM
Funny he could have just been charged with a simple assault but he was dumb
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TurboMom81
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 10:28 PM

They usually are! LOL

Quoting OneToughMami:

Funny he could have just been charged with a simple assault but he was dumb

vallhk
by vals6pack on Sep. 7, 2012 at 11:35 PM

wow glad they got him

13mommaof3
by Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 11:38 PM
I'm glad you are all safe!!! I used to live off of emaus ave... I was constantly over in your area. I wonder if we have ever ran into each other!

Quoting OneToughMami:

This man disrupted my entire life on Tuesday when he decided to start shooting as school was getting out! My uncle had casually walked to see what the noise was and was almost caught in all this mele! If he would have been at another one of his windows he very easily could have shot my home!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Glad the arrested him. People can be so stupid, they don't care how many innocent people they may hurt.

OneToughMami
by LolaD on Sep. 7, 2012 at 11:39 PM
Me too! It was crazy! Like I didn't know we had so many police on one shift!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OneToughMami
by LolaD on Sep. 7, 2012 at 11:40 PM
Maybe! It's right behind the American plaza!

Quoting 13mommaof3:

I'm glad you are all safe!!! I used to live off of emaus ave... I was constantly over in your area. I wonder if we have ever ran into each other!

Quoting OneToughMami:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)