Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

Engagement Party? (Lehigh Valley Area)

SlightlyPerfect
It's here...
Today at 9:19 AM
Posted by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 2:56 PM
  • 10 Replies

My brother proposed to his girlfriend, and she said yes! We're all super excited!

We're in the Lehigh Valley area and trying to think of a nice place to have a party. Money is no object for this thing. Both sides are well-off and want to throw it. It's also a celebration since both sets of parents get to meet for the first time.

Anyone have any idea where we should have it? They're tossing around everything from the Melting Pot to country clubs. I just need some venue ideas. I can't even tell you if they want just dinner or a dinner-party setup. I have a feeling this will be more than a dinner (unless we end up going to someone's home afterward).

I've never even attended one of these things, let alone thrown one. But we have over 30 people, I think--That's immediate family alone! I don't know if we're having friends, too.

Thoughts?

slightlyperfect

by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 2:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lalasmama2007
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 9:19 AM
Bump!
tazmidgiefairy
by Representative on Sep. 30, 2012 at 3:58 PM
Hope you find something check hotels to see if they have banquet spaces
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlightlyPerfect
It's here...
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 4:01 PM

That is a great idea! My friend runs a hotel in Bethlehem. I think I'll give him a call. :)

Quoting tazmidgiefairy:

slightlyperfect

tazmidgiefairy
by Representative on Sep. 30, 2012 at 5:31 PM
Your welcome hope it works out

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

That is a great idea! My friend runs a hotel in Bethlehem. I think I'll give him a call. :)

Quoting tazmidgiefairy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OneToughMami
by LolaD on Sep. 30, 2012 at 6:24 PM

If it's the Hotel Bethlehem or the Sayre Mansion you better get on that now! They book so fast! The Barrister's Club in Allentown is really nice, you would just have to get outside catering but Lee Gribbon's is yum lol. And LOUIE'S FOR THE CAKE!!! OMG!!!! I told Kris that we are going to randomly buy another wedding cake just because it was soooo tastey

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Quoting tazmidgiefairy:

Ask me about SoyLicious Candles!

SlightlyPerfect
It's here...
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 7:44 PM

No. The Hyatt.

Lee Gribbon's is amazing. We got a restaurant.com thing from there and went one night. This plum sauce they had was To. Die. For.

My mom is having my dad's party at Sam Owens in Coplay in 2 weeks. If that goes well, she's thinking of hosting the engagement party there, too.

Sayre is gorgeous, too! My brother lives in Fountain Hill, so they're right down 3rd St (or 4th... I forget which turn that is off the bridge). My parents stayed there one night. They got a Living Social deal. They loved it.

Quoting OneToughMami:

If it's the Hotel Bethlehem or the Sayre Mansion you better get on that now! They book so fast! The Barrister's Club in Allentown is really nice, you would just have to get outside catering but Lee Gribbon's is yum lol. And LOUIE'S FOR THE CAKE!!! OMG!!!! I told Kris that we are going to randomly buy another wedding cake just because it was soooo tastey

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Quoting tazmidgiefairy:

slightlyperfect

cjsmom1
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 7:48 PM

bump

Congrats to your brother

SlightlyPerfect
It's here...
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Thanks. He gave her black diamonds, too. I think he's nuts. ;) I got a sapphire for an engagement right, and I thought that was too expensive! (I'm so cheap. He's so not.)

Quoting cjsmom1:

bump

Congrats to your brother

slightlyperfect

OneToughMami
by LolaD on Sep. 30, 2012 at 8:12 PM
The best man in my wedding is lee's husband's nephew. His sister had he grad party in the basement room and they have amazing pulled pork nachoes.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

No. The Hyatt.

Lee Gribbon's is amazing. We got a restaurant.com thing from there and went one night. This plum sauce they had was To. Die. For.

My mom is having my dad's party at Sam Owens in Coplay in 2 weeks. If that goes well, she's thinking of hosting the engagement party there, too.

Sayre is gorgeous, too! My brother lives in Fountain Hill, so they're right down 3rd St (or 4th... I forget which turn that is off the bridge). My parents stayed there one night. They got a Living Social deal. They loved it.

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Quoting tazmidgiefairy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vallhk
by vals6pack on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:21 AM

idk, good luck though. how exciting

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)