Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

Candles or warmers?

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 2:20 PM
  • 23 Replies

Which do you prefer?

by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 2:21 PM

I prefer candles, I really like the flicker of a flame.  

Unless I'm baking.  I don't have candles going if a lot of delicious smells will be coming out of the kitchen! :)

steelcrazy
by Representative on Sep. 30, 2012 at 2:23 PM

I've never used warmers and am not really sure what they are even.  So I guess that I prefer candles.  I have one burning pretty much all day every day.  Right nw I'm buring Carmel Pecan Pie from Yankee Candle.

TerriC
by Terri on Sep. 30, 2012 at 2:28 PM
Candles. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Sep. 30, 2012 at 2:45 PM

candles.

tazmidgiefairy
by Representative on Sep. 30, 2012 at 3:47 PM
Eithet we mostly use candles depends if the have a scent we like
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Warmers just hold the candle and keep it at a really low temp.  The wax melts and the scent goes throughout your house...I think the scent is actually stronger than when you burn the candle.  I really liked using mine when the girls were smaller and I didn't trust them around a flame.

Quoting steelcrazy:

I've never used warmers and am not really sure what they are even.  So I guess that I prefer candles.  I have one burning pretty much all day every day.  Right nw I'm buring Carmel Pecan Pie from Yankee Candle.

SlightlyPerfect
Chanting. "4 more weeks."
Today at 8:14 PM
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 4:01 PM

I like putting candles on the warmers, but I really prefer lighting the candles. Makes the scent warmer and more potent, I think.

slightlyperfect

lalasmama2007
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 4:53 PM
I've never used warmers.
MichelleMc
by Representative on Sep. 30, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Warmers. We know of too many fires & deaths from candles. We will NOT have them in our home. 

OneToughMami
by LolaD on Sep. 30, 2012 at 6:29 PM

I like soy candles over regular candles...and not because I sell them lol...I just think they burn cleaner. With a horse of a dog, I have to use warmers in the kitchen though. He'd knock a candle over in seconds. And you know, my house always smells like garlic and Adobo sooooooo I have to cover that ish up lol...man and fish I HATE the smell it leaves so I am always burning something...my uncle gets very old school and busts out his incense. I made him a little bowl for it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)