Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

Frugal

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 7:24 PM
  • 20 Replies
How frugal is everyone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlightlyPerfect
Some people are nothing more than examples of what _not_ to be; they're breathing testimonies of what mediocrity and worthlessness can produce.
Yesterday at 7:37 PM
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Oh, man, am I ever. I get some great ideas from the Frugalistas.

slightlyperfect

MichelleMc
by Representative on Sep. 30, 2012 at 7:42 PM

For myself, very. 

For my husband & My son I will, but, we don't have tons of money, so it will have to be figured out or budget. 

LOL. I love sales. I love clearance. I refuse to pay alot for things. I think that some name brands are good, I think some are ridiculous. I try to keep costs down & spending down. I really don't spend money on myself much for sure. I will even go so far as to spend slight, but return if it is for me. Hubby will cut tags off my stuff because he will want me to keep it if I spend on myself, LOL. He will try really hard to get me to spend on myself. 

SlightlyPerfect
Some people are nothing more than examples of what _not_ to be; they're breathing testimonies of what mediocrity and worthlessness can produce.
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 7:51 PM

I was talking to my dad's friend the other day, and he had a few beers in him, and he said, "Yeah, you know, these sales. 70% off. 80% off. Lemme tell you something about 80% off. You're still paying 20%!" And I was like, "Yeah, for something that cost about half that to make."

Quoting MichelleMc:

For myself, very. 

For my husband & My son I will, but, we don't have tons of money, so it will have to be figured out or budget. 

LOL. I love sales. I love clearance. I refuse to pay alot for things. I think that some name brands are good, I think some are ridiculous. I try to keep costs down & spending down. I really don't spend money on myself much for sure. I will even go so far as to spend slight, but return if it is for me. Hubby will cut tags off my stuff because he will want me to keep it if I spend on myself, LOL. He will try really hard to get me to spend on myself. 

slightlyperfect

MichelleMc
by Representative on Sep. 30, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

I was talking to my dad's friend the other day, and he had a few beers in him, and he said, "Yeah, you know, these sales. 70% off. 80% off. Lemme tell you something about 80% off. You're still paying 20%!" And I was like, "Yeah, for something that cost about half that to make."

Quoting MichelleMc:

For myself, very. 

If I am getting $7 jeans & totally need jeans, It works for me. ( like I lost over 30 pounds ). It might have costs half that, but, about impossible to get them for less than that. So, it works for me. And again, it is rare that I would shop, so when I do, It is sales & clearance to get deals. I have never paid more than $10 for a pair of jeans & never would.

tazmidgiefairy
by Representative on Sep. 30, 2012 at 7:58 PM
So do I but with the move and me losing,my job I need to be more then ever

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlightlyPerfect
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Same here! There is nothing in my closet that cost me more than $20 (except my wedding dress, which was $200). Clothing is definitely something I will not splurge on.

Quoting MichelleMc:

If I am getting $7 jeans & totally need jeans, It works for me. ( like I lost over 30 pounds ). It might have costs half that, but, about impossible to get them for less than that. So, it works for me. And again, it is rare that I would shop, so when I do, It is sales & clearance to get deals. I have never paid more than $10 for a pair of jeans & never would.

slightlyperfect

SlightlyPerfect
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 8:01 PM

OMG What happened with your job? How did I miss that?

Quoting tazmidgiefairy:

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

slightlyperfect

tazmidgiefairy
by Representative on Sep. 30, 2012 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I try to shop deals as much as possible it why I use swag bucks to earn gift cards for gifts and stuff like that

Quoting MichelleMc:

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Quoting MichelleMc:

For myself, very. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tazmidgiefairy
by Representative on Sep. 30, 2012 at 8:06 PM
I work security went in this past monday and another guard company was there we lost the cobtract I still work the hotel 16 hours and on call for the guard company and hoping my transfer comes through fast

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

OMG What happened with your job? How did I miss that?

Quoting tazmidgiefairy:

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tazmidgiefairy
by Representative on Sep. 30, 2012 at 8:09 PM
My work pants is the only thing I try get good is since I work the hotel and security and both are black pants. And also shoes since I stand and walk alot

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Same here! There is nothing in my closet that cost me more than $20 (except my wedding dress, which was $200). Clothing is definitely something I will not splurge on.

Quoting MichelleMc:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)