Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

Jerry Sandusky Case

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:11 AM
  • 20 Replies

Now that he's finally been sentenced, do you think 30-60 behind bars is fair? 

Do you believe that he is really innocent as he is still claiming? Are you happy that it's finally over?

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3mom627
by Cheryle on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I am glad it is over. Yes, I believe that he is guilty. If it had been one or two students, then I may possibly in his innocence, but when there are over 40 students who claimed he molested them, then yes, I believe he is guilty.

Given his age, I feel 30-60 years is sufficient so that he never gets the chance to molest another child.

The whole Penn State football team leaders felt they were above the law.

3MOM627

have a nice day

TerriC
by Terri on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

So glad it is over.  He will never get what he truly deserves.  I wish it was legal to torture people that did things that he did.  He is a waste of a human being!

lizfnf
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this

He's 68 so with PA laws of the mandatory minimum I think the sentence is fair.  The judge didn't want to appear vindictive so as not to encourge an appeal approval.  The odds of him living to 98 to even think about parole doesn't really seem possible.  It's unlikely he'd be granted parole anyway.  It's not over.  We have 2 more trials to get through, countless civil suits, no permanent president at the University, and 4 years of sanctions.  I will say that I think O'Brian is a great coach and an even greater man.

Cafe Jenn
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Quoting lizfnf:

He's 68 so with PA laws of the mandatory minimum I think the sentence is fair.  The judge didn't want to appear vindictive so as not to encourge an appeal approval.  The odds of him living to 98 to even think about parole doesn't really seem possible.  It's unlikely he'd be granted parole anyway.  It's not over.  We have 2 more trials to get through, countless civil suits, no permanent president at the University, and 4 years of sanctions.  I will say that I think O'Brian is a great coach and an even greater man.

I don't disagree with you about it being over but I think the worst is over with--or I hope it is over. I think having him sentence will give PAers a chance to move on. I applaud Bill O'Brian all the football players for sticking it out. The next four years won't be easy but they will get through it. 

I do hope they take their time finding a new president--one who puts the students first.

MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:36 PM

I am so sick of hearing about him as if he was some god. I get so sick of people making football like some all time greatest thing in life & those that play it or coach it are above the law, god like, awesome beyond all other human beings.  

Ma2JennaB
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:22 PM

It was NOTHING! He should have gotten all the counts to add up to 400 years.  The fact that he will die in there means nothing, it is the principal of it all. 

I JUST went to court this morning to witness the sentencing of a man who did the same thing to our best friends son.  The Judge was pissed at the plea bargain (8 to 20) and said he would have given a lot more.  He said it was the most henious case he has ever had in his court (he did it to 3 kids at the same time).  I spent the morning bawling my eyes out listening to what he did to these kids.  He did it for YEARS.  Ruined those boys.  Destroyed the families.  I think anyone who does this to minors need to go away for the rest of their lives. 

Ma2JennaB
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

And as far as OVER.  Maybe over for him and us hearing about him, but look at all the people this affected that it will never be over for.  The whole thing is beyond sickening. 

xMamaMiax
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:25 PM

I don't think 30 years is long enough, they should have said 50-100 minimum so we know for a FACT he WILL die there.

That said, I don't ever want to see that NAME again!

Angelknot8
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:43 PM

No I don't Believe he was innocent. as others stated there was to many that came forward. I find it way to hard to believe that adults would agree to lie about something like that all together. Its just to unlike. I'm sure there many more who wouldn't come forward.  I think its enough time because he'll most likely die in jail but as for justice I dont. It breaks down to 10 kids so hes only being punished 3 to 6 yrs per child he was proven to molest if you think of it that way. The amount of time will do its job its all the crap they're letting him have extra and special while there thats insane. I believe I heard he's allowed his watch ect. Um NO! Treat him as any other child rapest. And I don't believe its over. Its far from over. We'll be hearing about his crap like his suicide watches and I'm sure eventually more people will open up. I just foresee more things to come for much more time to come.

steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:08 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree with you.  I also smile every time I think of what those big boys are going to do to him in prison.  I wonder if he'll enjoy being another man's sex toy?  I hope that the other prisoners are as gentle and kind as Sandusky was to those boys.

Quoting TerriC:

So glad it is over.  He will never get what he truly deserves.  I wish it was legal to torture people that did things that he did.  He is a waste of a human being!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN