Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help!!

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 7:15 PM
  • 9 Replies

My son's....sack is bleeding. Its odd calling it that. There are these little pin prick like dots of blood on his scrotum sack. I dont know where they are coming/came from. I work during the day and I had to work late, my husband also works days so he is with my mother, brother and SIL most days. I have asked them if they noticed it and they said they havent. I know for a fact that it wasnt there at 12pm when my brother picked him up. He gets a bath every other night, sometimes every 2 nights, we make sure that he is cleaned up completely. My son is 4 months old. Also the tip of his penis where he pees from is also red and looked irrated. I'm calling his DR tomorrow if it is still happening. I'm so angry and scared but I dont know what to do to help my son. he isnt in any pain infact he is coo'ing and talking alot so he seems fine.

My mom had to be very careful with me as an infant with diapers, rash creams and bath soaps because I would break out really bad... Do you think this could be the cause?

Another thing, I notice that whenever I leave my son with my mom and them he gets this milky crust under his neck and now its all red. I want to tell them they cant baby sit anymore for me but I cant afford to put him in daycare nor can I bring him to work and school with me every day.

Advice, tips, anything to help would be greatly appreciated. PLEASE NO BASHING MY FAMILY, I'll only get pissed and frankly I just need help. Cant say nice things then please dont post.

Thank you ahead of time.

by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
steelcrazy
by Representative on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this

It very well may be eczema, I would talk to the doctor to be sure though.  The best treatment is to use a very mild soap, like good old fashioned Dove body wash.  It has no dyes or perfumes.  You'll also need to use a good cream on his body to keep the skin moist and avoid the bleeding.  Aveeno makes and excellent cream for eczema.  You will also have to watch what you wash his clothing in and most likely will have to switch to a fragrance free, dye free detergent.  All Free & Clear is really good.  The most shocking thing is that Johnson's baby products and Dreft aren't good for babies and children with sensitive skin.

emhain
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:51 PM

The white gunk under his neck is just that-gunk. Daily collections of dirt, drool, formula, etc. Wipe it off regularly and yolu're good. But if it's red now, that means it is irritated. Still, not a huge deal. Wipe him down with just water and it should clear up.

There's a good chance he may have a yeast infection. Pretty common in infants- especially boys. A tip from my pediatrician- yeast infection creams are pricey. Lotrimin AF (for athletes foot) has the exact same ingredients. Ta-da :) We used it on my daughter every time and it worked great. Don't buy the store brands though.

If it is eczema, though, and it gets bad... just wash him in water. Infants don't really get filthy, you know? My daughter had extremely sensitive skin and eczema. Johnson's was bad, but Aveeno was worse. it just depends on the kid. But everything you're saying here doesn't sound that bad. Maybe they just need a refresher on caring for an infant?

SahmTam
by Tammy on Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Quoting emhain:

The white gunk under his neck is just that-gunk. Daily collections of dirt, drool, formula, etc. Wipe it off regularly and yolu're good. But if it's red now, that means it is irritated. Still, not a huge deal. Wipe him down with just water and it should clear up.

There's a good chance he may have a yeast infection. Pretty common in infants- especially boys. A tip from my pediatrician- yeast infection creams are pricey. Lotrimin AF (for athletes foot) has the exact same ingredients. Ta-da :) We used it on my daughter every time and it worked great. Don't buy the store brands though.

If it is eczema, though, and it gets bad... just wash him in water. Infants don't really get filthy, you know? My daughter had extremely sensitive skin and eczema. Johnson's was bad, but Aveeno was worse. it just depends on the kid. But everything you're saying here doesn't sound that bad. Maybe they just need a refresher on caring for an infant?

That was my first thought. My son had what you describe and it was a yeast infection.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Momz3kids
by New Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:02 PM

yes this is all true, talk to your dr and try ask .com there very helpful and use the internet, you can

is there an after hours advice nurse you can call. i would try that, best of luck to you..fingers crossed

OneToughMami
by LolaD on Oct. 17, 2012 at 2:41 AM
Good luck. Sounds like eczema or a yeast infection. As for the gunk...try and remind your mom you don't was neck cheese :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tazmidgiefairy
by Representative on Oct. 17, 2012 at 6:48 AM
Hope he ok
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 9:16 AM

If you're unsure what's wrong I would make an appt asap!  Hope he's ok!

JRSMOM0621
by Katrina on Oct. 17, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Okay so I figured out what the problem was. We switched wipes :/ His "problem" started about the same time we switched from Pampers to Walmart brand wipes. *sigh* I should've known better since my mom could only use certain things on me.

Madammeke
by Member on Oct. 18, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Do not think the worst.

1. Visit a doctor and find out what is going on.

2. Take your steps from that, he may be allergic to something they are giving him or have around. No need to take your kid away just ask them to take precautions.

3. If you see something irregular on a baby that cannot verbally tell you what is going on take them to the hospital ASAP. No doctor will send you away without examining him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)