Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

(10/23) What's the

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 7:04 AM
  • 28 Replies

best vacation you ever took?

by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 7:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sissyboogs
by Katie on Oct. 23, 2012 at 7:06 AM

The date in your title is wrong...you hit 1 instead of 2

Only vacation I've ever taken was to FL (I live in PA---just realized this is the PA group--guess I didn't need to specify that, hahahaha, it's early) about 5 years ago...so I'm gonna have to say that was the best one, LOL

TerriC
by Terri on Oct. 23, 2012 at 7:08 AM

Thank you!  Fixed it!!

FL, I have only been once and it was years ago (before I actually lived in PA).  It was nice!  Didn't go to Disneyworld though, hope to one day!

Quoting sissyboogs:

The date in your title is wrong...you hit 1 instead of 2

Only vacation I've ever taken was to FL (I live in PA---just realized this is the PA group--guess I didn't need to specify that, hahahaha, it's early) about 5 years ago...so I'm gonna have to say that was the best one, LOL

TurboMom81
Yesterday at 9:03 PM
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 8:07 AM

That would be Chincoteague Island.  My parents rented a house and we went there for a entire week! It was so fun seeing the wild horses, hiking to the Lighthouse, going to the beach!  I want to rent a house and take my girls down sometime.

courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 8:10 AM

I don't know!!  I love all of our vacations.  We alternate visiting dh's family in Florida with my sisters family in Arizona.  Both are absolutely beautiful places!!

I guess...since I have to pick..the best vacation we've had was our last trip to Florida.  We were there for 10 days and the weather was PERFECT.  It seriously couldn't have been better.  We spent a lot of time with dh's family and friends.  We didn't do too many touristy things because we've done them all before.  We did get to see Winter (from A Dolphin's Tale) and we got to visit Mote Marine (again).  Most of our free time was spent on the beach.  We were on the Gulf coast and those beaches are amazing.  My kids were swimming in the ocean and not 10 feet away from them were dolphins.  It was amazing.  Sitting on the beach..watching the waves and the wildlife...and the girls swimming and having the time of their lives was awesome.  I could do it everyday. :)

Clearwater, FL

SahmTam
by Tammy on Oct. 23, 2012 at 8:31 AM

It's a tie between England/Scotland and Hawaii!

SahmTam
by Tammy on Oct. 23, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Quoting TurboMom81:

That would be Chincoteague Island.  My parents rented a house and we went there for a entire week! It was so fun seeing the wild horses, hiking to the Lighthouse, going to the beach!  I want to rent a house and take my girls down sometime.

We were just in Myrtle Beach a few weeks ago. My parents go with us each year. They usually have one of my kids ride with them and take a special day trip on the way down. This year they took my daughter and went to Chincoteague Island. She loved it!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

vallhk
by vals6pack on Oct. 23, 2012 at 8:52 AM

never went on vacation :( lol

PinkDragonFly
Know who you are while you're single and you'll never lose who you are in a relationship. Lessons learned, wish I knew this 25 yrs ago!
Yesterday at 12:17 PM
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 9:12 AM

I was going to say Vegas but the ex made sure I had a rotten time there..

so I will say the one I went on this summer with my new honey to

Assateague Island

Assateague Island National Seashore  Photo

Sharon

MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Oct. 23, 2012 at 9:43 AM

I don't know that we really ever went on "vacation". We do some "trips". Anything with hubby is great. We like to go on camping trips, the WWII Re enactment was cool. We do NOT like beaches at all. When he was in the Navy, our "vacation" was to come home to see family.

mopargurl
by New Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 9:56 AM
The only vacation I've ever been on was my honeymoon. We went to myrtle beach and Orlando fl to Disney. I so badly wanna go back to the beach I loved it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN