Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

like your in-laws?

by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 7:37 AM
Replies (61-67):
TurboMom81
Luke 2:10-11: And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
Yesterday at 3:02 PM
by Silver Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 10:12 PM
I get embarrassed by it. Because his wife and daughter were both there that day. His wife has since left him. But eww. Let's say I wore a turtle neck at the next family function.

Quoting TerriC:

It's just gross huh?!

Quoting TurboMom81:

The worst part is that he is SO obvious about it! My MIL noticed one day and was complaining to my husband about it.

Quoting TerriC:

Oh....and eeeeewwwww on the pervy uncle!

Quoting TurboMom81:

He HATES his mom's name too. That entire family is whacky.  His grandfather is 72 but looks 90 and talks to his stuffed animals like they are people, his uncle is a Perv who likes to stare at my breasts and hug me WAY too much.  

The only two people in his family who he cares for are his Grandmother and her husband.  He would love to take their last name.

Quoting TerriC:

Sounds like you at least get along with her, that is good!  =-)   Has DH ever thought of changing his last name, maybe to his Mom's maiden name?  I had a friend do that.

Quoting TurboMom81:

I like my MIL. She helps me out a lot with being in school and everything but she also screws me over a lot too.  LOL

I take her with a grain of salt.  My FIL in non existent.  He was 17 when DH was born, stuck around for about 3 years and then was gone.  DH calls him a sperm donor and wishes he was never given his name.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Megan_L34
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:44 PM

I do! They're like second parents to me. :)

vallhk
by vals6pack on Oct. 26, 2012 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this

yep they're amazing people

TerriC
by Terri on Oct. 26, 2012 at 11:13 AM

That is awesome!

Quoting Megan_L34:

I do! They're like second parents to me. :)

TerriC
by Terri on Oct. 26, 2012 at 11:14 AM

I would!  Even in the summer!  LOL

Quoting TurboMom81:

I get embarrassed by it. Because his wife and daughter were both there that day. His wife has since left him. But eww. Let's say I wore a turtle neck at the next family function.

Quoting TerriC:

It's just gross huh?!

Quoting TurboMom81:

The worst part is that he is SO obvious about it! My MIL noticed one day and was complaining to my husband about it.

Quoting TerriC:

Oh....and eeeeewwwww on the pervy uncle!

Quoting TurboMom81:

He HATES his mom's name too. That entire family is whacky.  His grandfather is 72 but looks 90 and talks to his stuffed animals like they are people, his uncle is a Perv who likes to stare at my breasts and hug me WAY too much.  

The only two people in his family who he cares for are his Grandmother and her husband.  He would love to take their last name.

Quoting TerriC:

Sounds like you at least get along with her, that is good!  =-)   Has DH ever thought of changing his last name, maybe to his Mom's maiden name?  I had a friend do that.

Quoting TurboMom81:

I like my MIL. She helps me out a lot with being in school and everything but she also screws me over a lot too.  LOL

I take her with a grain of salt.  My FIL in non existent.  He was 17 when DH was born, stuck around for about 3 years and then was gone.  DH calls him a sperm donor and wishes he was never given his name.

Terri1985
by Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 12:47 PM
Quoting TerriC:

I wish he didn't know where I lived lol. I will give you a little back story on what happened. I rescue and rehabilitate (sp) animal big small doesn't matter. I love it I love them I love helping. So thats me in a nuts shell. Everyone told me how big of a bastard fil was I didn't really believe because I had never seen him be that way, anyhow his wife left him and he lives in the mints by himself he called my husband and asked him if he could bring one of my dogs up to be a temporary companion. My hubs talked me into it so I said my boxer could go for a couple weeks. I felt bad for the man. So he has him for a while and calls and said he had a seizure I said take him to the vet or bring him home and I would. We had one vehicle at the time and dh was on the road. He took him and said it must have been the heat because the vet said nothing was wrong. I said I would feel better getting a second opinion, we fought for a few days, and he calls me and says that my dog is on his death bed, I said wtf I'm coming to get him, he threatened to call the cops if I showed up there, dh said we will go when I get home and get him this was saturday I said ok he got home Sunday night and had to go into the shop Monday we were going after 10 when he got home.while he was there fil called him and said he had the dog put down! I went through the roof and said some things I shouldn't have but I was devastated that dog had been my companion before I moved in with dh, and I rescue so many animals he wouldn't even let me rescue my own! Anyhow when asked why he did it he blamed it on his ex wife because according to him he would've never done that to an animal had she stayed with him. I'm glad Im with dh because I felt like murder that day, there is nothing I protect more, my animals and my family! This was halloween last year so I'm still a little raw, he wouldn't even let me bring him home to bury him. :(
TerriC
by Terri on Oct. 26, 2012 at 3:10 PM
Oh my goodness, that is horrible. I am so sorry. I used to have a boxer, she was the sweetest thing. He is not a nice person at all, there is no reason what so ever that he should have done that!

Quoting Terri1985:

Quoting TerriC:

I wish he didn't know where I lived lol. I will give you a little back story on what happened. I rescue and rehabilitate (sp) animal big small doesn't matter. I love it I love them I love helping. So thats me in a nuts shell. Everyone told me how big of a bastard fil was I didn't really believe because I had never seen him be that way, anyhow his wife left him and he lives in the mints by himself he called my husband and asked him if he could bring one of my dogs up to be a temporary companion. My hubs talked me into it so I said my boxer could go for a couple weeks. I felt bad for the man. So he has him for a while and calls and said he had a seizure I said take him to the vet or bring him home and I would. We had one vehicle at the time and dh was on the road. He took him and said it must have been the heat because the vet said nothing was wrong. I said I would feel better getting a second opinion, we fought for a few days, and he calls me and says that my dog is on his death bed, I said wtf I'm coming to get him, he threatened to call the cops if I showed up there, dh said we will go when I get home and get him this was saturday I said ok he got home Sunday night and had to go into the shop Monday we were going after 10 when he got home.while he was there fil called him and said he had the dog put down! I went through the roof and said some things I shouldn't have but I was devastated that dog had been my companion before I moved in with dh, and I rescue so many animals he wouldn't even let me rescue my own! Anyhow when asked why he did it he blamed it on his ex wife because according to him he would've never done that to an animal had she stayed with him. I'm glad Im with dh because I felt like murder that day, there is nothing I protect more, my animals and my family! This was halloween last year so I'm still a little raw, he wouldn't even let me bring him home to bury him. :(

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN