Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

Job search HELP!

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:14 PM
  • 9 Replies

Anyone know of any good jobs without a college degree? Preferably in the construction/ manual labor.. anythign like that. My husband has a job but it pays like crap. We live in Lititz (near Lancaster) and the jobs in the more than $15/hr. range are scarce here... and unemployment is sky high here too, so asking for a raise is out of the question when they can easily hire someone else who will still work for the crappy pay.

Anyone have a great job that provides for a family ro 3 (soon to be 4)? Location doesn't really matter, we're looking to move anyway. 

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
vallhk
by vals6pack on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:17 PM

big lots distribution or walmart distribution maybe

TurboMom81
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:03 AM
I'm assuming CarTech and DEKA are too far away.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:47 AM

I'm in western PA and there are quite a few labor jobs here that pay pretty decent.  He might have to start out in a crappy, low paying position, though. 

My hubby started making $8 as a packer, the lowest position they have.  He didn't stay there for long though..he would bid on whatever job came available and eventually got one.  He's since been to school for electrical.  Now he's making almost 3 times what he started with, and it's only been 8 years. :)

OneToughMami
by LolaD on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:25 AM

There's Walgreens distribution? It might be cheap to live in Allentown or Scranton?

3mom627
by Cheryle on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Do you think there will be a lot of construction in New York after Sandy? It may  be expensive to live there, but maybe the suburbs. Just a thought.

3MOM627

have a nice day

Ma2JennaB
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Check INDEED.COM  they pull jobs from every search engine,  You put in your zip code and work wanted to get a list. 

Annmarie31
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:41 AM
Maybe I can help. Get in touch with me!
tazmidgiefairy
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:02 AM
I looking at jobs to where I am moving so I am no help sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Have you checked out PA Careerlink for your/surrounding areas?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)