Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

Do you do picture Christmas cards?

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:33 PM
  • 22 Replies

I usually do homemade Christmas cards. We were thinking of going to a store and getting them professionally done, but I know somehow we will end up spending hundred's of dollars unexpectedly. Does this sort of thing happen to you? Or am I just a softie?

3MOM627

have a nice day

by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:49 PM

I worked in One hour Photo Lab previously, so I have done my own photo cards for years. I love it too now that they have multiple photos can go in so we have like pictures of the 3 of us, 2 of us & Jonathan himself. This years has 6 spots, so there are 2 of each. Love it :)

michellej428
by Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I just usually pick a cute picture I've taken and then order them from walgreens..decent quality and pretty cheap

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:11 AM

We have in the past, not every year. My husband takes our picture then we have them developed at Walmart.

MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:59 AM

opps forgot to add, only like to do one hour ( job security for my old lab workers LOL ) and will only do Matte. Always walmart :)

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:53 AM

We always get the kids photos taken around this time of the year and they usually offer a few free cards with the purchase so we use those and then I just pop and wallet sized card into the christmas cards for anyone else.

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:54 AM

I used to work for Sam's Club one hour photo and made my own during that time.  I miss working there!  My boss moved to another store in Tx and left us with a crappy boss which made things miserable and so I left.

Quoting MichelleMc:

I worked in One hour Photo Lab previously, so I have done my own photo cards for years. I love it too now that they have multiple photos can go in so we have like pictures of the 3 of us, 2 of us & Jonathan himself. This years has 6 spots, so there are 2 of each. Love it :)

IrishIz
by Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:33 PM
Nope. I am not a fan of the picture cards. I'd rather receive a regular card.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Quoting Vertical15:

I used to work for Sam's Club one hour photo and made my own during that time.  I miss working there!  My boss moved to another store in Tx and left us with a crappy boss which made things miserable and so I left.

Quoting MichelleMc:

I miss it too! At the time I left it was too hard to work the hours.

MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Quoting IrishIz:

And see I am the opposite. The regular cards are so impersonal to me, I don't get anything but a stamp slapped on them half the time, no pictures from people. I would rather get a picture from someone, something I can keep from them all year, something more personal, something about their lives.

I love photo cards, newsletters, etc. I do photo cards & include a newsletter.

IrishIz
by Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:49 PM

I put my cards on display and really don't need pictures of other people around.  I really don't care what you did on your summer vacation.  I also find myself thinking..."that's the picture you picked?".  Just give me a nice card with the 3 Wise Men...something that is truly Christmas.  Your family...not Christmas.  You want to send me a picture of your family...do it for something other than the Holiday.  

Quoting MichelleMc:

Quoting IrishIz:

And see I am the opposite. The regular cards are so impersonal to me, I don't get anything but a stamp slapped on them half the time, no pictures from people. I would rather get a picture from someone, something I can keep from them all year, something more personal, something about their lives.

I love photo cards, newsletters, etc. I do photo cards & include a newsletter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN