Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you get for your childs teacher?

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:37 AM
  • 22 Replies

I really like my sons kindergarten teacher. I want to get her something for Christmas, but I dont know what. I dont think I wanna do anything like candles or bath stuff, so I need some suggestions. She is a marathon runner if that gives anyone any ideas. I dont run, so I have no idea!  Got any ideas for me?

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleMc
by Representative on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:00 AM

When my son was little but old enough to be in scouts we got them one of the scout tins. But it wasn't really a big thing.

I hang out with a bunch of runners & do 5 K's myself. Do you know if she goes to a gym? I would say then see about a month at the gym, but if not, then like Sporting Goods shop local or something that would hold pictures she could put pictures from the different races she goes to in. Water bottles stuff like that we get free at every race. So nothing like that really.

cafay
by Terri on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Thanks for the ideas.I don't know about the gym? But Def the sporting good stores.

TurboMom81
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:25 AM
Nothing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MichelleMc
by Representative on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:26 AM

We laugh at the collection of water bottles I have & I don't go to that many. I surely am not at the half marathon yet let alone Marathon. And only do 3 5k's last year & 4 this year, but still have a ton, LOL.

Yeah Sporting good shops are always good plan. Something they need I bet. Usually do other things like bike, hike, other outdoorsy too most times.

Ma2JennaB
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Usually you find out what they like and go with that.  Like the sporting goods store would be great if she is an avid runner.  My friend who is a life long runner would take a new pair of running shoes over anything else for a gift.

lalasmama2007
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:12 AM

At my dd's school everyone chips in for a group gift (gift card).  We were advised that this is the preferred gift of choice.  

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Does she go to a gym?  Buy a gift card for her to get a shake/drink/shirt whatever at her gym?

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:37 AM

We are getting each teacher (and some close friends and family) bracelets hand made from a person in Hershey-https://www.facebook.com/hhgregg/app_453934814669104#!/AkesoModa?fref=ts

And along with that a $10 gift card to Starbucks or Panera-each gift will be about $15 which I think is fair without going too overboard.  We have three teacher to buy for this year.

OneToughMami
by LolaD on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Candles...

courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:09 PM

We do gift cards for Christmas.  Coming from some friends of mine who are teachers..there's not a lot you can get them that they haven't already been given.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)