Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

Ornaments

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:55 PM
  • 11 Replies

Do you get your child/children a new ornament every year?

Do you get certain type? Like Hallmark or Barbie, etc? Or do you stick like what they are into that year? Do you just get something with their name or the year on it?

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:57 PM

We get something he is into that year.

We have gotten Navy Baby one, Scooby Do, Jeff Burton ( couple different ones ), Spongebob, Coca Cola,  Cub Scout & then Boy Scout, Civil Air Patrol just to give some examples. This year, We got him an Army Ornament as he joined the Army Early Enlist this year ( to leave after Graduation next year )

lalasmama2007
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

My dd gets a few new ornaments a year.  I always buy her the hallmark daughter ornament and her grandparents buy the Granddaughter ornament.  She usually picks out a second ornament that she likes.

MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Oh Also got the cutest little drum set for my son. He plays drums.

TurboMom81
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Every year we get and ornament with the year and a picture of our child in it.  We also hang the ones they make in school.

courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

We do.

We get something pertaining to that year.  Hobby, vacations, interests..whatever.

TerriC
by Terri on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I do get them a new one every year.   I just get something that is "them".  It can differ from year to year.

OneToughMami
by LolaD on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this

No we usually make ornaments together with everyone.

BradnonsMom
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I always got my son something that plays music and either moves and/or lights up. One year it was a plush Alvin the Chipmunk holding a guitar. It moved and sang a Christmas song. Last year I got a huge plastic ball ornament/music box. Inside the ball is a snow covered town figurine with Santa and the reindeer attached above. When you turn it on the town rotates and on the back of the ball you see a shadow of santa and the reindeer from a light. It plays several different Christmas tunes. I'm going to get one more this and next year at 10 and 11 years old, just for the fun of it. But I think by the time he is 13, he will just give me one of those you've got to be kidding looks that he does so well when he says, really... LOL!

Work At Home Christain Mom
Inspirational Gift Gallery http://storesonline.com/site/inspirationalgift
InspirationalSympathyGifts.com http://www.inspirationalsympathygifts.com
Inspirational Christain Stories, Poems, Gifts http://inspirationalgifts.blogspot.com

ninamsi
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:50 AM
Not every year. I will get one if it catches my eye and I think they will like it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:19 AM

No we don't

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN