Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

Strange pets?

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:25 AM
  • 19 Replies

Anyone have a strange pet?  I mean besides the typical cat, dog, fish, bird, bunny..or snakes/lizards. ;)

I met a girl the other day whose pets are 2 great danes and a pot bellied pig.  I thought it was a funny combination. lol

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this

We had an Iguana & Mice :)

TerriC
by Terri on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:06 PM

As a kid, we had ferrets, a pet goat (his name was Louie), an iguana and  a descented pet skunk.

michellej428
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:57 PM

no but my mom has an (evil) parrot and a rottweiler. definintely a strange combo considering the bird just walks around on the floor with the rottweiler and goes for rides on his back. can you imagine seeing a women taking her 130lb rottweiler for a walk with a parrot on her shoulder? such a strange combination. Seems like it just goes against nature lol

courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Wow.  Those are some weird pets.  Did you live on a farm?  Or at least in the country?  I can't imagine having a goat in the house. :)

I've heard of people having skunks as pets but never knew anyone who actually did.  

Quoting TerriC:

As a kid, we had ferrets, a pet goat (his name was Louie), an iguana and  a descented pet skunk.

courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:12 PM

That would be hilarious to see!

Quoting michellej428:

no but my mom has an (evil) parrot and a rottweiler. definintely a strange combo considering the bird just walks around on the floor with the rottweiler and goes for rides on his back. can you imagine seeing a women taking her 130lb rottweiler for a walk with a parrot on her shoulder? such a strange combination. Seems like it just goes against nature lol

Jess8685
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this
My mom used to have 4 Great Danes and a potbelly pig lol.. Then the flood hit and the pig died =[ not in the flood but he got a hold of poision that was in someone's shed...
We used to have a sulcata tortoise and goats too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Sorry the piggy died. :(

That is funny, though, that she had 4 huge dogs and a tiny pig. lol

My sister has a tortise.  :)

Quoting Jess8685:

My mom used to have 4 Great Danes and a potbelly pig lol.. Then the flood hit and the pig died =[ not in the flood but he got a hold of poision that was in someone's shed...
We used to have a sulcata tortoise and goats too

TerriC
by Terri on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:07 PM
No! No farm, not in the country. It was So Cal and in the city. Our backyard wasn't too big, big enough, but good lord! Lol. My step dad just had strange taste in pets. The only pet allowed in the house was the iguana, all others stayed outside.

Quoting courtneyann29:

Wow.  Those are some weird pets.  Did you live on a farm?  Or at least in the country?  I can't imagine having a goat in the house. :)

I've heard of people having skunks as pets but never knew anyone who actually did.  

Quoting TerriC:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
OneToughMami
by LolaD on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:34 PM

We usually keep rats lol

vallhk
by vals6pack on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:32 AM
1 mom liked this

lol no but my niece wants a pot bellied pig lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN