Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

What is your decor style?

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:28 AM
  • 14 Replies

Country?  Modern?  A mish mash? 

My style is definitely not modern...not quite country..I like a lot of primitive items.  The colors of my home are sages, browns and reds.  I also get into crafting..

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cafay
by Terri on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Mine is not modern either. Id say ours was country as well, though it isnt the cutesy style either. We like antique furniture so the house is a mix of old and new and not quite as I want it yet. But I like fall colors so my house is a mix of greens,browns and the color red runs through every room in the house. Yours sounds pretty as well and very familiar!

MommyLehr
by Veronica on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:39 AM
I don't really have one. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MichelleMc
by Representative on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Very Country. I love Country & Americana. Blues/Reds But also Beiges.

TurboMom81
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Anime and Movie Posters.  I guess you can say we are pretty modern.

courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:59 AM

This sounds a lot like my aunts house.  I always loved going to her house..it was very homey when we were kids.  Now that all the kids are grown she's getting more into Americana..still homey, just with more of a theme. :)

She's kind of my role model...such a warm, comfy feeling at her house and that's what I'm always aiming for.  I bet I'd love your house, too. :)

Quoting MichelleMc:

courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Interesting.  What kind of movie posters?

Quoting TurboMom81:

TurboMom81
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Harry Potter. Mostly our walls are covers in Japanese Anime Wall Scrolls

Quoting courtneyann29:

Interesting.  What kind of movie posters?

Quoting TurboMom81:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MichelleMc
by Representative on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting courtneyann29:

This sounds a lot like my aunts house.  I always loved going to her house..it was very homey when we were kids.  Now that all the kids are grown she's getting more into Americana..still homey, just with more of a theme. :)

She's kind of my role model...such a warm, comfy feeling at her house and that's what I'm always aiming for.  I bet I'd love your house, too. :)

Quoting MichelleMc:

Aww thanks. Thats what I always wanted. Homey, down to earth, lived in ( not hoarders, LOL ) but, where you want to be in. Country & Americana but not so Americana that it is Museum like, LOL

SlightlyPerfect
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Modern. My ex is an artist is New York now, but I have some of his early pieces he made me. I have some of those up. Most of what we have is either black wrought iron or cherry wood.

SahmTam
by Tammy on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Country, but not farmhouse country. My kitchen is green and has apples, the dining room has just a border along the top that has fruit and the living room has 2 Nicki Boehme lithos (she paints in the style of Thomas Kincaide)-- both rooms are the same color of yellow because there's no stopping point and they wouldn't look right being different colors. My entry room (also where my piano is) is blue and has 2 canvases of birds. It sounds funky, but it all goes together somehow. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)