Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

..where will it be?  Do you have it planned yet?  Are you just dreaming? ;)

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Replies (11-20):
SlightlyPerfect
Chanting. "4 more weeks."
Monday at 8:14 PM
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Disney World

slightlyperfect

courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:31 AM

We've always gone tenting, but I'm not a fan. lol  I don't want anything fancy...I'd be happy with a pop up...off the ground, and a place to get out of the rain.  I really enjoy all parts of camping except the tent. lol

Germany will be an awesome adventure for your son!

Quoting MichelleMc:

Quoting courtneyann29:

Fun!  Will you stay in PA?  Do you tent camp or do you have a camper?

A friend of mine's hubby is in the Army.  They are considering Germany for the next station.  :)

Quoting MichelleMc:

We are going to do a big camping trip for our anniversary. Our son will have just left for OSUT ( basic training & training for his "job" ) about a week before.  Kayaking, bikes, camping & geocaching.

Big vacation, well we will see what is going on where our son gets stationed. If he gets stationed in Germany, that will be it! LOL.

We plan to stay in PA. We had campers back to Tent. The campers got to away from the point. We do want to get maybe an A liner one day. SMALL, just walls, table & bed for the main points, rain & cold. But nothing more.

Yeah My son is going Army & has always wanted to go to Germany. Knows some German.

courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Wow...PA to Arizona?!  My sister lives in Arizona and I'm trying to talk my hubby into  driving there, he wants no part of it.  That would be so fun!  I figured driving there and stopping in St. Louis and Amarillo, TX.  What part of AZ are you thinking about moving to?

Quoting DN0818:

In March we are doing a road trip. We're going to TN for 2 days, then to TX for 2 days, and then we are heading to Arizona for a week. The AZ part is to check out the area we are thinking about moving to though...

courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:34 AM

That sounds like fun!  We have been trying to do a weekend in NYC for years, just the 2 of us.  We've never spent that much time away from the kids before, though.  They tried to do a 2 nighter at my moms once..didn't work out.  Some day... :)

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Not sure yet.

I may convince my mom to take miss priss for a week or a week so me and hubby can go to beach and have alonr time.

As we never have date night. And never had a honeymoon.

lalasmama2007
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

It I'll probably be Ocean City, NJ.  We go every year.

courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I love Disney!  Will this be the first time for your family?

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Disney World

courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:37 AM

I've never been to New Jersey.  Is there a lot to do there?

Quoting lalasmama2007:

It I'll probably be Ocean City, NJ.  We go every year.

StrawberryCool
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:40 AM
Oh I love NYC!!!! Thats like a must do in life.

Hubby has no interest so.

Quoting courtneyann29:

That sounds like fun!  We have been trying to do a weekend in NYC for years, just the 2 of us.  We've never spent that much time away from the kids before, though.  They tried to do a 2 nighter at my moms once..didn't work out.  Some day... :)

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Not sure yet.

I may convince my mom to take miss priss for a week or a week so me and hubby can go to beach and have alonr time.

As we never have date night. And never had a honeymoon.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TerriC
by Terri on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Nothing planned yet.  Probably back to CA to see my family.

MichelleMc
by Representative on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:00 PM

We started in a tent, went to a 12 foot camper, then a 23 foot hybrid ( will never do canvas type camper again. If leaving tent, LEAVING tent ROFL ), then a 32 foot camper, now back to a tent. but it is HUGE. We have a double tall, Queen mattress, our Porta potty & plenty of room for everything plus walking around room, and nothing touches, etc. . ( Clothes, extras, etc all fits well )

This is an A liner. http://www.aliner.com/campers Like a pop up but I want hard sides. It is too hard with light & sound. If leaving a tent, I want to whole effect LOL.

Then also, this is like our 12 foot we had, however, it was a 1970 camper, so weighted more than a ton. LOL. New ones of course don't, and love that. So something like this would be awesome. This is just like our first, but ours had an Ice Box ( no fridge, too old ) and no potty .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USED-2011-Serro-Scotty-Pup-Lightweight-Camper-AC-and-Furnace-Kerola-12067-/170889551709?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c9cf9f5d

We love love love camping. Love tent camping, but really would like to store things again. But SURELY will never go back to the 2 big ones. That isn't camping ( to us ) it took away from camping.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)