Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

..where will it be?  Do you have it planned yet?  Are you just dreaming? ;)

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Replies (31-40):
michellej428
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:16 PM

thats funny, dh's half brother lives in bradenton! we would drive down but we lease our cars and would go WAY over on the miles lol but fil lets us use his car. most of the time he has to work when we come down so we get alot of time to ourselves...fil is a little over bearing at times so its nice to have alone time but still get to visit with him ya know.

Quoting courtneyann29:

My hubbys family lives around the Bradenton area, so not too far from Tampa.  We stay with his family, too.  We don't even fly..we drive down and it makes it so much cheaper!  Then we don't have to pay for a rental car..we spend most of our time at the beach or hanging with his family. :)

Quoting michellej428:

me too!! and when fil brings us down we just stay at his house and he pays for everything and takes us all shopping. we are only responsible for airfare which is pricey but it all evens itself out!! Last year he brought us with him to his timeshare on captiva island..omg heaven!!!

Quoting courtneyann29:

Love the west coast of Florida!!!  Absolutely gorgeous! :)

Quoting michellej428:

hopefully florida! dh's family lives near tampa! We're getting ready to move so once we get settled and comfortable with the big change in bills we will start saving for our own vacay..just the three of us! And we still haven't gone on a honey moon so we need to figure that out too! lol

courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:20 PM

That's awesome that you can use fil's car!  We never thought about asking, and no one offered..so we just drive. lol  We only spent about $500 in gas, round trip, so it makes it a nice cheap vacation.  Also, we can go more often! ;)

Quoting michellej428:

thats funny, dh's half brother lives in bradenton! we would drive down but we lease our cars and would go WAY over on the miles lol but fil lets us use his car. most of the time he has to work when we come down so we get alot of time to ourselves...fil is a little over bearing at times so its nice to have alone time but still get to visit with him ya know.

Quoting courtneyann29:

My hubbys family lives around the Bradenton area, so not too far from Tampa.  We stay with his family, too.  We don't even fly..we drive down and it makes it so much cheaper!  Then we don't have to pay for a rental car..we spend most of our time at the beach or hanging with his family. :)

Quoting michellej428:

me too!! and when fil brings us down we just stay at his house and he pays for everything and takes us all shopping. we are only responsible for airfare which is pricey but it all evens itself out!! Last year he brought us with him to his timeshare on captiva island..omg heaven!!!

Quoting courtneyann29:

Quoting michellej428:

hopefully florida! dh's family lives near tampa! We're getting ready to move so once we get settled and comfortable with the big change in bills we will start saving for our own vacay..just the three of us! And we still haven't gone on a honey moon so we need to figure that out too! lol

michellej428
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this

maybe one day i'll be able to convince dh to buy our next car instead of lease so we can drive down! i would love to be able to go more often and a nice little road trip would be fun!!

Quoting courtneyann29:

That's awesome that you can use fil's car!  We never thought about asking, and no one offered..so we just drive. lol  We only spent about $500 in gas, round trip, so it makes it a nice cheap vacation.  Also, we can go more often! ;)

Quoting michellej428:

Quoting courtneyann29:

Quoting michellej428:

Quoting courtneyann29:

Quoting michellej428:

Tracie82411
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:30 PM
We are going to Chincotegue Virginia and yep its planned :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chaoz_Girl7311
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:37 PM
NY!!! and Disney world, it's planned but we don't have a set date yet
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this

No idea yet.

I would love to go away during the 4th of July this summer. I live near Gettysburg and don't want to be anywhere close to town this summer. It's gonna be crazy busy~lol.

DN0818
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Goodyear. It's 20 minutes outside of Phoenix. The company SO works for has a dc there. I want to move to Texas, he insists on AZ lol

Quoting courtneyann29:

Wow...PA to Arizona?!  My sister lives in Arizona and I'm trying to talk my hubby into  driving there, he wants no part of it.  That would be so fun!  I figured driving there and stopping in St. Louis and Amarillo, TX.  What part of AZ are you thinking about moving to?

Quoting DN0818:

In March we are doing a road trip. We're going to TN for 2 days, then to TX for 2 days, and then we are heading to Arizona for a week. The AZ part is to check out the area we are thinking about moving to though...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlightlyPerfect
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:21 PM

My dad is obsessed with it for some reason. He grew up poor, so when he had my brother and I, and we were old enough, we went all the time as kids. Well, I shouldn't say "all the time." At least 4 times during my childhood I went. 

He wants to take DD, who is going to be 4 soon, and I think next fall/winter is going to be the time to do it. She'll be done with naps but not in school full-time yet, so I'll still be home with her. He's already planning the agenda!

My good friend lives in Orlando, too, and she takes her daughter to Disney all the time. Literally once a month. Her dad works for NASA, and her friend works as an actor for Disney, so we'll get to meet up with them, and hopefully they can get us in to all the cool shit they have there that most people don't really get to see.

Quoting courtneyann29:

I love Disney!  Will this be the first time for your family?

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Disney World

slightlyperfect

SlightlyPerfect
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:24 PM

NYC is a great place to visit. I love the culture. I just wouldn't want to live there. (I had lots of job opportunities there, but I turned them down.) We used to go there for the holidays to see the Rockettes.

Do you plan to take your child(ren)? I want to wait til DD is 5, and then I want to take her to a Broadway show.

Quoting Chaoz_Girl7311:

NY!!! and Disney world, it's planned but we don't have a set date yet

slightlyperfect

Chaoz_Girl7311
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:03 PM
Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

I've been to NY to see The Lion King, Phantom of the Opera, Wicked, beauty and the beast, the rocketts and 2 years ago DH took me on december 3rd we went to times square, went ice skating walked trough the park and saw the big Christmas tree, that was the night we had the official boyfriend girlfriend label, but I have been to NY many many times!!! But we were originally supposed to go this month and stay overnight but we canceled our room because we had decided to go just for the day and use the room money towards disney. And no we'll leave DD with my parents, my dad is looking forward to spending the day with her, she just turned 1 so she wouldn't understand where we are
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)