Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

..where will it be?  Do you have it planned yet?  Are you just dreaming? ;)

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Replies (41-50):
MichelleMc
by Representative on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting courtneyann29:

We've always gone tenting, but I'm not a fan. lol  I don't want anything fancy...I'd be happy with a pop up...off the ground, and a place to get out of the rain.  I really enjoy all parts of camping except the tent. lol

Germany will be an awesome adventure for your son!

Quoting MichelleMc:

Quoting courtneyann29:

Fun!  Will you stay in PA?  Do you tent camp or do you have a camper?

A friend of mine's hubby is in the Army.  They are considering Germany for the next station.  :)

Quoting MichelleMc:

We are going to do a big camping trip for our anniversary. Our son will have just left for OSUT ( basic training & training for his "job" ) about a week before.  Kayaking, bikes, camping & geocaching.

Big vacation, well we will see what is going on where our son gets stationed. If he gets stationed in Germany, that will be it! LOL.

We plan to stay in PA. We had campers back to Tent. The campers got to away from the point. We do want to get maybe an A liner one day. SMALL, just walls, table & bed for the main points, rain & cold. But nothing more.

Yeah My son is going Army & has always wanted to go to Germany. Knows some German.

I added the links to the two campers like we want, not sure if you seen it the post. But I couldn't find the picture of our old hybrid. LOL. If I find one of one like it. I will show ya :)

MichelleMc
by Representative on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I added the links to the two campers like we want, not sure if you seen it the post. But I couldn't find the picture of our old hybrid. LOL. If I find one of one like it. I will show ya :)

Okay, Here is our tent present. They joke is everyone calls it the Taj Mahal.

This isn't "ours" but this was just like ours. Same color scheme. To the right/Front is Queen bed. Left/Back, Full Size bed.

This was our 32 foot when it was getting put into our seasonal site & my son, LOL.

OneToughMami
by LolaD on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:37 PM

South Carolina.

courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:22 AM

lol  Have you ever been to that area?  It's absolutely gorgeous!  Major bonus..no humidity!   I have super curly hair, and when there is humidity it's just awful.  It gets frizzy, poofy and flat all at the same time.  Crazy.  My hair was so manageable in the desert. :)

Quoting DN0818:

Goodyear. It's 20 minutes outside of Phoenix. The company SO works for has a dc there. I want to move to Texas, he insists on AZ lol

Quoting courtneyann29:

Wow...PA to Arizona?!  My sister lives in Arizona and I'm trying to talk my hubby into  driving there, he wants no part of it.  That would be so fun!  I figured driving there and stopping in St. Louis and Amarillo, TX.  What part of AZ are you thinking about moving to?

Quoting DN0818:

In March we are doing a road trip. We're going to TN for 2 days, then to TX for 2 days, and then we are heading to Arizona for a week. The AZ part is to check out the area we are thinking about moving to though...

courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:27 AM

That sounds awesome!  I was just telling a friend of mine that I would much rather go to Disney every year, or every other year, instead of going to local amusement parks (around here everyone goes to Kenneywood a couple times a year).  So much cleaner, more kid friendly and a much better atmosphere. :)

I'm dying to see Prince Eircs castle!!!

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

My dad is obsessed with it for some reason. He grew up poor, so when he had my brother and I, and we were old enough, we went all the time as kids. Well, I shouldn't say "all the time." At least 4 times during my childhood I went. 

He wants to take DD, who is going to be 4 soon, and I think next fall/winter is going to be the time to do it. She'll be done with naps but not in school full-time yet, so I'll still be home with her. He's already planning the agenda!

My good friend lives in Orlando, too, and she takes her daughter to Disney all the time. Literally once a month. Her dad works for NASA, and her friend works as an actor for Disney, so we'll get to meet up with them, and hopefully they can get us in to all the cool shit they have there that most people don't really get to see.

Quoting courtneyann29:

I love Disney!  Will this be the first time for your family?

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Disney World

courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM

Not sure how I missed this post.  I like both of those!  Especially the "classic" A liner.  I bet they're expensive..have you priced them?

I drive a Durango, so we are good with towing.  I'd like something small enough to store in our yard, but big enough for a family of four.  Just enough so we're not on top of each other if it's raining. 

Quoting MichelleMc:

We started in a tent, went to a 12 foot camper, then a 23 foot hybrid ( will never do canvas type camper again. If leaving tent, LEAVING tent ROFL ), then a 32 foot camper, now back to a tent. but it is HUGE. We have a double tall, Queen mattress, our Porta potty & plenty of room for everything plus walking around room, and nothing touches, etc. . ( Clothes, extras, etc all fits well )

This is an A liner. http://www.aliner.com/campers Like a pop up but I want hard sides. It is too hard with light & sound. If leaving a tent, I want to whole effect LOL.

Then also, this is like our 12 foot we had, however, it was a 1970 camper, so weighted more than a ton. LOL. New ones of course don't, and love that. So something like this would be awesome. This is just like our first, but ours had an Ice Box ( no fridge, too old ) and no potty .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USED-2011-Serro-Scotty-Pup-Lightweight-Camper-AC-and-Furnace-Kerola-12067-/170889551709?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c9cf9f5d

We love love love camping. Love tent camping, but really would like to store things again. But SURELY will never go back to the 2 big ones. That isn't camping ( to us ) it took away from camping.

courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:39 AM

Where in South Carolina?  For our next drive to Florida, we're thinking about stopping in South Carolina to visit Charleston.  I am in love with southern culture...and Charleston is just beautiful. 

Quoting OneToughMami:

South Carolina.

MichelleMc
by Representative on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:14 AM

Quoting courtneyann29:

Not sure how I missed this post.  I like both of those!  Especially the "classic" A liner.  I bet they're expensive..have you priced them?

I drive a Durango, so we are good with towing.  I'd like something small enough to store in our yard, but big enough for a family of four.  Just enough so we're not on top of each other if it's raining. 

Quoting MichelleMc:

We started in a tent, went to a 12 foot camper, then a 23 foot hybrid ( will never do canvas type camper again. If leaving tent, LEAVING tent ROFL ), then a 32 foot camper, now back to a tent. but it is HUGE. We have a double tall, Queen mattress, our Porta potty & plenty of room for everything plus walking around room, and nothing touches, etc. . ( Clothes, extras, etc all fits well )

This is an A liner. http://www.aliner.com/campers Like a pop up but I want hard sides. It is too hard with light & sound. If leaving a tent, I want to whole effect LOL.

Then also, this is like our 12 foot we had, however, it was a 1970 camper, so weighted more than a ton. LOL. New ones of course don't, and love that. So something like this would be awesome. This is just like our first, but ours had an Ice Box ( no fridge, too old ) and no potty .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USED-2011-Serro-Scotty-Pup-Lightweight-Camper-AC-and-Furnace-Kerola-12067-/170889551709?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c9cf9f5d

We love love love camping. Love tent camping, but really would like to store things again. But SURELY will never go back to the 2 big ones. That isn't camping ( to us ) it took away from camping.

We just need one for 2 people, we would get an older one. They are about $7,000-$10,000 depending. Getting one that has the actual like fold out beds are more pricy & brand new ones are like $14,000 with the bigger needs.

SlightlyPerfect
I just don't understand why some people choose to live in filth.
Today at 9:27 AM
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Who's that prince? They have a new castle?????

DD is just getting into Disney movies. She loves Toy Story and Alice in Wonderland. I think next year she'll love it.

Where is Kenneywood? Here we go to Hershey, Knoebels (love that), and Dorney. I used to live right across from Dorney Park.

I have a personal thing against Disney because I worked with their lawyers on a few projects when I was working 2 years ago. They are not fun people, let me tell you. I'm also not happy with how expensive it is there now (relative to other parks/companies). I know they make good money, and I know there are options, but ugh. All that money!

Quoting courtneyann29:

That sounds awesome!  I was just telling a friend of mine that I would much rather go to Disney every year, or every other year, instead of going to local amusement parks (around here everyone goes to Kenneywood a couple times a year).  So much cleaner, more kid friendly and a much better atmosphere. :)

I'm dying to see Prince Eircs castle!!!

slightlyperfect

courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:44 AM

$7000-$10000 isn't too bad.  That's about what we were planning on spending anyway. :)

Quoting MichelleMc:

Quoting courtneyann29:

Quoting MichelleMc:

We just need one for 2 people, we would get an older one. They are about $7,000-$10,000 depending. Getting one that has the actual like fold out beds are more pricy & brand new ones are like $14,000 with the bigger needs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)