Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

..where will it be?  Do you have it planned yet?  Are you just dreaming? ;)

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Replies (51-58):
courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Prince Eric is from The Little Mermaid..that's my all time favorite Disney movie!  I don't know much about the attraction..just that it's open.  I saw it on Disney Worlds fb page.

Kenneywood is in Pittsburgh.  It's a decent amusement park with lots of rides..some really old ones- I guess they're landmarks- and some big fun coasters...but I'd rather spend the money on Disney.  You get what you pay for..ya know?

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Who's that prince? They have a new castle?????

DD is just getting into Disney movies. She loves Toy Story and Alice in Wonderland. I think next year she'll love it.

Where is Kenneywood? Here we go to Hershey, Knoebels (love that), and Dorney. I used to live right across from Dorney Park.

I have a personal thing against Disney because I worked with their lawyers on a few projects when I was working 2 years ago. They are not fun people, let me tell you. I'm also not happy with how expensive it is there now (relative to other parks/companies). I know they make good money, and I know there are options, but ugh. All that money!

Quoting courtneyann29:

That sounds awesome!  I was just telling a friend of mine that I would much rather go to Disney every year, or every other year, instead of going to local amusement parks (around here everyone goes to Kenneywood a couple times a year).  So much cleaner, more kid friendly and a much better atmosphere. :)

I'm dying to see Prince Eircs castle!!!

bhow
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:56 AM

I don't dream, it's not worth all the let down.   I just go with the flow and if something good, fun or exciting happens at any time of our life ( which is not often, it's rather boring around here) than I consider it a bonus.  Vacations suck with our kids so I just don't care to go.  They are not fun or relaxing.

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Next year we are going to the beach for a week.  We already have the place reserved.  OCMD.  We haven't gone as a family since it was just three of us to Ocean City.

SlightlyPerfect
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh yeah. I forgot we're going to OBX in September. Love it there. I got my MIL a weekend getaway to OCMD for the holidays.

Quoting Vertical15:

Next year we are going to the beach for a week.  We already have the place reserved.  OCMD.  We haven't gone as a family since it was just three of us to Ocean City.

slightlyperfect

OneToughMami
by LolaD on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Charleston lol...we are leaving Sunday June um somethingTH...staying in Virginia Beach Until Tuesday...then heading to South Carolina...then Friday heading to Richmond and coming home Saturday

Quoting courtneyann29:

Where in South Carolina?  For our next drive to Florida, we're thinking about stopping in South Carolina to visit Charleston.  I am in love with southern culture...and Charleston is just beautiful. 

Quoting OneToughMami:

South Carolina.

SlightlyPerfect
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:02 PM

I used to live in SC. Wow. I would never have moved back north had I not had my daughter.

Quoting OneToughMami:

Charleston lol...we are leaving Sunday June um somethingTH...staying in Virginia Beach Until Tuesday...then heading to South Carolina...then Friday heading to Richmond and coming home Saturday

Quoting courtneyann29:

Where in South Carolina?  For our next drive to Florida, we're thinking about stopping in South Carolina to visit Charleston.  I am in love with southern culture...and Charleston is just beautiful. 

Quoting OneToughMami:

South Carolina.

slightlyperfect

OneToughMami
by LolaD on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:34 PM

It's nice! I found some lovely places to go. We are celebrating our first year of not living in sin.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

I used to live in SC. Wow. I would never have moved back north had I not had my daughter.

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting courtneyann29:

Quoting OneToughMami:

South Carolina.

MichelleMc
by Representative on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Quoting courtneyann29:

$7000-$10000 isn't too bad.  That's about what we were planning on spending anyway. :)

Yeah & some older ones are even cheaper I am sure :). We haven't really started looking yet. Will maybe once we get to the empty nester stage next year, LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)