wrong way sigbnHave you ever felt like the universe was trying to tell you something? You know, like when you're standing in line at Starbucks trying to decide whether to get a banana and a skinny vanilla latte or an apple fritter and a mocha with extra whipped cream and then you get up to the counter and the barista is like, "Oh, we're all out of apple fritters today" and you're like "OMG, that was totally asign from the universe to stay on a diet!" Well, that's kind of what happened to 55-year-old Donald Blood III of Marlboro, Massachusetts. Except the sign he got from the universe wasn't some subtle suggestion about what to order at Starbucks. It was of a more serious nature, to say the least. And the universe didn't just send him the sign, the universe pulled that sign out of the ground andbeat him over the head with it. So to speak.

Sounds like he needed it, too. Because Blood was clearly making some bad decisions ... like getting behind the wheel after having a few too many.

So, Blood was driving along, headed ... somewhere? I'm not sure where he thought he was going (maybe he wasn't, either), but the destination he had in mind apparently had a parking lot. How do I know? Because that's what he thought he was pulling into -- a parking lot -- when he drove onto the lawnof the birthplace of Alcoholics Anonymous co-founder Bill Wilson.

Built in 1852, the Wilson House in Dorset still hosts several AA meetings every week and is described on its website as a "place of sanctuary where people can come to give thanks to God for their new lives." Or in Blood's case, a place where people can drunkenly drive onto the lawn and get a DUI. Whoops.

See what I mean about a sign? A DUI on the front lawn of the birthplace of an AA co-founder?! Of course, just because a sign is obvious doesn't mean it's easy to follow. And that particular sign is one of the toughest. Still. Here's hoping Donald Blood is headed in the right direction.

Have you ever gotten a super obvious sign from the universe?

Image via David Goehring/Flickr