Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

Beef and beer

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:29 PM
  • 18 Replies
My husband wants to plan one I have no clue where to begin
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Never heard of this?

tazmidgiefairy
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:35 PM
Alot of people use them to raise money we are using it as a way to pay back the friend who help pay for his dads creamation and to start a memriol fund for vets familys that cant afford the cots

Quoting MichelleMc:

Never heard of this?

MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

But was it is?

tazmidgiefairy
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:41 PM
Event where u usally invite people have roast beef sandwhiches whatever I never really been to one that why I have no clue on how to plan one

Quoting MichelleMc:

But was it is?

MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:01 PM

LOL. Okay. I never heard of one. Must not be a thing in the area here. I didn't know what you did or how it was run. I thought maybe it was like you got a side of beef & a keg for a price of a ticket. LOL.

Here it is always gun raffles, night at the races, Side of beef with freezers, Cow Patty Bingo, things like that for fundraisers.

TerriC
by Terri on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:32 PM

I have never heard of it either, sorry.

ninamsi
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:35 PM

My high school alumni just had one.  I did not attend and have never been to one.  If I can get some info for you I will let you know.

lalasmama2007
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:23 PM

I've heard of them, but have never been to one.

PartyGalAnne
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:10 PM

LOL I had to open this one! There was a club around here called Beef and Beer- Now it's Al's Diamond Cabaret- a strip club!

Try a pig roast. Solicit local business to get donations for the pig and for the beer, napkins, cups, plates, etc. Then charge a cover charge to eat and drink all day. You can also do raffles or a Chinese Auction to help raise funds.

tazmidgiefairy
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:23 PM

well my husband wants to do it at my fil fav bar so we were thinking of charging $5 a person i am not sure if that is to much or not

Quoting PartyGalAnne:

LOL I had to open this one! There was a club around here called Beef and Beer- Now it's Al's Diamond Cabaret- a strip club!

Try a pig roast. Solicit local business to get donations for the pig and for the beer, napkins, cups, plates, etc. Then charge a cover charge to eat and drink all day. You can also do raffles or a Chinese Auction to help raise funds.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN