Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

State Park Passport

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:38 AM
  • 23 Replies

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/news/resource/res2011/11-0928-ppffpassport.aspx

The volunteer group we are a part of help sell this in our area. We are for sure getting one, and want to work on getting it stamped up this year. Very excited about it :)

We want to set up a couple camp trips to a couple of new state parks this year. Plus of course visit a bunch this year :)

Ever hear of it? Interested?

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Never heard of it.  I think it's a neat idea!  Do they make a new one each year, or is it always the same?  We might buy it if we went camping more.  If it never changes we might buy it anyway.  Did I read right?  Only $10?

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Haven't heard of it before but it looks pretty cool.

MichelleMc
by Representative on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Quoting courtneyann29:

Never heard of it.  I think it's a neat idea!  Do they make a new one each year, or is it always the same?  We might buy it if we went camping more.  If it never changes we might buy it anyway.  Did I read right?  Only $10?

It is for every park/forest, even if you don't camp. Some parks don't have campgrounds. So it is cool. You can just visit ( go for the day, swim, hike, etc ) So you go to the office & get the stamp.

Yes only $10 and it goes to help the parks :)

MichelleMc
by Representative on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Quoting mumsy2three:

Haven't heard of it before but it looks pretty cool.

Yeah we do alot with the parks. So this is new, and I think it is great. Just want to go to all the parks & get the stamps would be great. Try to hit every park :)

courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Hmm...where can I buy one?  We go to Presque Isle a lot in the summer, and we always see so many people doing so many fun things...but we don't know where to go to do them.   Kayaks, canoes, those rental bikes that seat 4 people. lol

Quoting MichelleMc:

Quoting courtneyann29:

It is for every park/forest, even if you don't camp. Some parks don't have campgrounds. So it is cool. You can just visit ( go for the day, swim, hike, etc ) So you go to the office & get the stamp.

Yes only $10 and it goes to help the parks :)

:)
Courtney

Bethsunshine
by Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I never heard of it. We usually just go to Keystone Park but we went to Presque Isle once last year.

MichelleMc
by Representative on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Every state park sells them, as far as I know. They are super cool.

jyofray
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:34 PM
I wouldn't even know where to look.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MichelleMc
by Representative on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Quoting jyofray:

I wouldn't even know where to look.

Where to look? What do you mean?

jyofray
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Oh I didn't see the link. Sorry about that
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)