Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

So what do you think -- can you get on board with the polka dot trend or is it too girly and youthful for you?

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:19 PM
  • 13 Replies

5 Ways to Put Pretty Polka Dots All Around the House

Posted by Gabrielle Blair 
on January 10, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Polka dots aren't just for nurseries and kids' rooms anymore. These days you'll find them scattered throughout the house. Not quite sure how to incorporate polka dots into your home furnishings? Start easy with a few throw pillows!

Click through for a few more polka dot inspirations below ...

You can't go wrong with a polka dot shower curtain in a white bathroom like this. 

Don't be afraid of patterns clashing: you can incorporate more than one pattern with ease! Look at thesepolka dot footstools paired with that geometric rug and paisley window cushion. Bright and beautiful! 

I love a good polka dot tile pattern. Isn't this fantastic?

Still feeling nervous? A polka dot tablecloth is about a basic as it gets. Set a pretty table with style!

So what do you think -- can you get on board with the polka dot trend or is it too girly and youthful for you?

Images via Ghoofie Design; Canadian House and Home; Barbara Gilbert Interiors; Houzz; Live Creating Yourself

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleMc
by Representative on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Not a fan of polka dots at all.

SahmTam
by Tammy on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I like polka dots on things- I don't have money to redecorate, so this trend will pass me by. ;-)

I can't get into wearing them, though. I am round enough already- I don't need round highlights. LOL

vallhk
by vals6pack on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:01 PM

I would try it out.  as long as it doesn't cost a fortune anyways lol

courtneyann29
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:45 PM

I love polka dots!  I found a really cute skirt, black with white polka dots, but I haven't bought it yet..

I'm totally loving the tablecloth! :)

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Cute!  I like polka dots on stuff, not me!  I can't handle all these pictured.

tazmidgiefairy
by Representative on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:01 AM

I do not like polka dots so not going to using this

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:29 AM

I Iike polka dots on things, I don't like to wear polka dots or any pattern for that matter, lol.

steelcrazy
by Representative on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:25 PM

I'm very much into dolka dots and have been for many years.  I currently have on black socks with hot pink and white polka dots.

la_bella_vita
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:02 PM

I love polka dots

JTE11
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I like how it looks in some of these pictures but it doesn't go with my current home decor style. I don't think I could ever wear them, though. I'm not a fan, I think I come off clownish in polka dots.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)