Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pennsylvania Moms Pennsylvania Moms

(1/25) Do you

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:52 AM
  • 39 Replies

WANT to be a Grandma?

I ask because recently a friend of mine said she did not want to be one.  She is afaid for the future of her own kids, let alone grandchildren.

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Vertical15
by Vanessa on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Absolutely!  In a long, LONG time LoL

grandma

Tracie82411
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Many many years from now but yes :) 20+ years! My daughter is only 2 months :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichelleMc
by Group Admin on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Either way. It isn't one of those big deals to me. If I am, I am and don't want to be for at least about 5-7 years. And if he never has any kids, that is okay too. I can volunteer somewhere, or borrow someone elses to help out. I am not into overly spoiling, etc. I don't believe in that anyway. 

cafay
by Terri on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Awww. Yeah, I do.I understand her point though. I sometimes wonder about that for my own child. What kind of world did I bring him into? Especially after Sandy Hook, which hit me really hard. But I try to teach him, that most of the time love and joy win out over all the bad.And love is always worth it.By the way, he does not know about Sandy Hook. But he has had a lot of death in his life for being 6 so that is what I was referring to.

tsweetkissest
by Tessie on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Many years from now sure, my daughter is only two. But if I'm not I would be ok with it
heatherh610
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:06 AM
In time. My kiddos have a lot of growing up and studying to do before then though. And I know that at least one of mine os planning on it for me. She is only 11 but she says often how she can't wait to be done with college and married so that she can be an awsome mom like me...or perhaps she is just trying to butter me up because she wants something? Haha
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Eventually yes.

My oldest is 19 so I would imagine I have a few years until it happens, it it does. My sons are 10 and 7 so we have a long time to go with them.

TerriC
by Terri on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:31 AM

LOL...same here!  Love the granny sweet pea!

Quoting Vertical15:

Absolutely!  In a long, LONG time LoL

grandma

TerriC
by Terri on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh yes!  At least 20 years.  LOL

Quoting Tracie82411:

Many many years from now but yes :) 20+ years! My daughter is only 2 months :)

TerriC
by Terri on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:33 AM

My one sister in law, both of her kids do not want kids and she seems fine with that.  =-)

Quoting MichelleMc:

Either way. It isn't one of those big deals to me. If I am, I am and don't want to be for at least about 5-7 years. And if he never has any kids, that is okay too. I can volunteer somewhere, or borrow someone elses to help out. I am not into overly spoiling, etc. I don't believe in that anyway. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)